New 87-in offset flail Victory tractors

/ New 87-in offset flail Victory tractors #1  

RADIUM

Gold Member
Tractor
NEW HOLLAND 2420
After spending years looking for a good offset flail And not wanting to spend 12 to 14,000 upwards of even 18 Grand to mow a few ditches on the farm decided to give the Chinese a shake. Victory tractor free shipping delivered to the farm for less than $5,200 I've got to say quite impressed incredibly balanced machine excellent powder coating bushings grease fittings and a substantial drive line with five belts Hammer blades takes down 3 to 2 in saplings and overhanging tree limbs like they're not even there. It's a little bit of work to put it together about 2 hours but considering my dealer is quoting me something like nearly 12,000 for a machine that looked half as well built it is quite impressive in the long term we'll have to see how it lasts but even some of the parts like bearings can easily be replaced with better grade overall I give it a 8 out of 10 wasn't expecting the best but it pleasantly surprised me I'll post more updates as I use it of course it's been raining Non-Stop

Attachments

• 20230818_201054.jpg
    20230818_201054.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 98
  • 20230819_121422.jpg
    20230819_121422.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 93
  • 20230820_124841.jpg
    20230820_124841.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
   / New 87-in offset flail Victory tractors #2  
Well, i also admit i hate throwing money away, but i just cant send any more of my hard earned dough to the PRC. it wasnt so bad in the past, but not any longer. Every major item i buy nowdays i try to make sure it isnt made in china. Sone things, you just cant help as there only made there... like 4 foot led lamps.

/ New 87-in offset flail Victory tractors
Forgot to mention weighs about 2,100 lb very heavy glad I have the tires loaded and definitely leave the grapple on the front at about a thousand pounds gets a little sketchy going from the center of the tractor 11 ft out quite a bit of reach it's quite amazing the Gearhead sits at the very edge of the machine so it gives you that extension as I said I'll post more pictures it definitely will run better on the bigger 95 horsepower tractors but the workmaster seems to handle it quite well not a horsepower issue just a weight issue perhaps putting some side weights on the tires or counterbalancing the arms will definitely help. Also I added an extra lift cylinder to the one right arm which definitely helps compensate for all the weight going to the right of the tractor facing forward of course take care

Yep totally agree with you but that's the price we're paying for destroying our own economy and not building any manufacturing here it's ridiculous to tell you the truth it's actually come a long way which is scary from what China used to be like the edges are finished really nice the Gearheads are really well built they've come a long way from 15 to 20 years ago

What's really impressive is regardless of how far out you set it there is absolutely zero vibration it is absolutely balanced within grams I've never seen anything like it I wish my new woods mower would run this good it's incredible I even demoed some Italian flails and they had 10 times the vibration especially standing them up at a 90° angle mowing hedgerows on the farm

Here's a side shot before the Gearhead was installed all the way to the left running on five belts surprisingly good quality

Attachments

• 20230819_090154.jpg
    20230819_090154.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 86
   / New 87-in offset flail Victory tractors #7  
I think I am going with Nova. Theirs is Italian and cheaper than most. I'm only doing medium duty and 63". It's something like $3200 + tax. I would have already ordered it, but I shouldn't owe tax on a farm implement in Texas (they are out of Houston).

/ New 87-in offset flail Victory tractors #8  
I got the EMHD-86 Heavy Duty Embankment Flail Mower a couple of years ago. I've been fairly well pleased with it. Most of the time it's on my Branson 8050. One thing I've noticed it that at times especially in the vertical position it needs a CV joint on the PTO shaft as it will get to chattering at times.

/ New 87-in offset flail Victory tractors #9  
I have the Victory EMSD-64 and it has held up nicely so far. On my 4th mowing season with no real issues. I did upgrade the pillow block bearings for the rear roller because one of the bearings was getting some slack in it.

I thought Nova Tractor flails were from China as well?

/ New 87-in offset flail Victory tractors #10  
I have the Victory EMSD-64 and it has held up nicely so far. On my 4th mowing season with no real issues. I did upgrade the pillow block bearings for the rear roller because one of the bearings was getting some slack in it.

I thought Nova Tractor flails were from China as well?

If you scroll down and look at the diagram, it is actually a bowell from Germany, but with Italian parts.