New Allis Chamlmers G

/ New Allis Chamlmers G #1  

farm23

Silver Member
Tractor
PT-1430, Wright Z-turn mower, BCS 853
Not sure this is best place to ask. I have been told there is someone making a replica of the G but can not find. Does anyone know if this is true & if so where are they?

/ New Allis Chamlmers G
Thanks for the link. I had found the Saukville link before and like you had no luck, guess they may be out of business. Do you know anything about Tuff-bilt?

/ New Allis Chamlmers G #4  
Do you want to know something about the vintage tuff-bilts or the current models being produced in Alabama? I have one which was manufactured in the 70's and am currently restoring it. I have had allis g's in the past, but I like the hydraulic lifts and the hydrostatic drive.

The new ones are very similar to the old, except the T92 transmission has been eliminated, and the hydrostatic drive motor is more variable, I think.

It is nice to have a vintage tractor I can use and still buy parts for it.

Doug

/ New Allis Chamlmers G #5  
I'm really interested in the Tuffbilts, but reall couldn't find much out. I would really like to know why the standard transmission wasn't liked? I would like a tuffbuilt with the standard transmission as I've seen some bad things and awful expense with the hydrostat equipment. I'm a very small farmer/gardner and thought a less exspensive built garden tractor would be just the ticket for "Cultivision". Anytime someone mentions hydrostat drives the price just shoots skyward. I would like plane and simple with attachments that are available and that can actually be attached and removed easily. bjr

/ New Allis Chamlmers G
Goatman I didnot know anything about the Tuff-bilt tractor. I have seen the G and the concept is interesting. I grow organic produce on about 2 acres and have a BCS plus a PT1430 but am always looking for less labor intensive methods to keep the place up and running.

/ New Allis Chamlmers G #7  
If you go to tuff-bilt.com, there is a lot of information on the current products. Oddly enough, the tuff-bilt I have has very good hydrostatic(sunstrand) components even though the tractor had been used almost daily in a gardening, farming operation including pasture mowing--which I think is about the toughest work any machine can be asked to do. The only part I had to completely rebuild was the Borg Warner T-92. tranny. Parts were hard to find and very expensive. Implements are very easy to attach, and the tractor, like the Allis
g is perfect for gardening.

Where in Western NC are you? I'm near Murphy and I sometimes ride over to Grant, AL where they are made.
Feel free to call 828 494 3584

/ New Allis Chamlmers G
Goatman I am in the mountains of Ashe Co. I talked to Tuff-bilt today and if I remember correctly they started production in 07 and have doubled sales each year. Do you have any experience with the new tractor vs the old and the much older G?

/ New Allis Chamlmers G #9  
I'm not seeing the details on operation. I'm curious does the tractor have a manual transmission as well as the Hydrostat drive. Is it either manual or hydrostat?. bjr

/ New Allis Chamlmers G #10  
I beleive they are all hydro now. I knw a man that has an older one that has been i nthe family he came by last week wanting to sell it for 5 000 wit ha bad koler engine. I d like to have it but right now Im redoing a Cub and building a new greenhouse. I have a 1 cylinder Lombardini Id like to put on it. Roland Matthews really has improved these machines. Ive run an older machine a little and they were a little high speeded. I think they now have a 13 to 1 ratio on the final drives. When dad had his heart surgery in Huntsville after he got out he went over to Grant Mountain and met Mr. Matthews and took a test drive.
Hydrostatics have come a long ways in a few years. the main thing to them is regular maintenance now. I my market gardening does good this year ill look for on later to help the 49 Cub. When dad was atthe factory they had an electric converion on one said it was neat but freaky to see it hum around. John Blue alo made a tractors similar and a comany called Hefty G made one to.