New Allis Chamlmers G

/ New Allis Chamlmers G #11  
The older Tuff-bilts had a hydrostatic pump driven directly off the erngine connected to a hydrostatic motor thad coupled directly into the Borg Warner T92 transmission which drove the final drive. The newer ones eliminated the transmission. Mr Matthews says the new ones operate better than the ones with the trans, and I would believe him, as he has been perfectly honest and straightforward in all my dealings with him. But I have as yet to drive on with the new setup.

$5000 is quite high fo a non running tractor, given that I know of 2 in Cleveland
TN for 2000 each.

/ New Allis Chamlmers G #12  
I thought it was to but it has a mower, cultivator, planter and a plow and a disk. I know of an L25 Kubota thats built like an A or 140 thats offset with a 3 point for 6000. Id like it more I think.
Right now most things are on the back burner till I can get a yay or nay on a 24 by 96 greenhouse Im trying to obtain.

/ New Allis Chamlmers G #13  
The older Tuff-bilts had a hydrostatic pump driven directly off the erngine connected to a hydrostatic motor thad coupled directly into the Borg Warner T92 transmission which drove the final drive. The newer ones eliminated the transmission. Mr Matthews says the new ones operate better than the ones with the trans, and I would believe him, as he has been perfectly honest and straightforward in all my dealings with him. But I have as yet to drive on with the new setup.

$5000 is quite high fo a non running tractor, given that I know of 2 in Cleveland
TN for 2000 each.

That's the information I was looking for, some real nuts and bolts information. Thankyou bjr

/ New Allis Chamlmers G #14  
I had another idea: Quite possibly Mr Matthews might build a Tuff-bilt without the engine, and the Lambardini was an engine they used at one point,so it would make a good powerplant. Just a thought. Also, consider the value of the used implements compared with the cost of new to make a valid assessment of the deal you can get. If the engine cost could be deducted on the new tractor, you might be able to get it for $2000
+/- less, and get a warranty to boot. He also would have all of the parts for the installation---true even if you went with the used tractor.
Have I said I love my Tuff-bilt?

/ New Allis Chamlmers G #15  
Here is the new Saukville tractor. I hear they are doing a major website redesign. Call 920-829-6116 and ask for Gary.

Attachments

• SaukvilleHB.jpg
    SaukvilleHB.jpg
    488.4 KB · Views: 951
   / New Allis Chamlmers G #16  
It would be fairly easy to build one out of a two wheel tractor....

/ New Allis Chamlmers G #17  
I have been thinking about building a cultivating tractor similiar to this from an old riding lawnmower or maybe a VW bug. I have a bug that is complete that somebody took a gas hatchet to it to make a stripdown dune buggy but never finished it. Not sure which I will do. I think the riding mower would work if I am going to use it for cultivating only. I will build it high crop style no matter which one I use. I have tractors to do the preparation and tilling with, just need a good cultivator.

Anybody ever built one from a riding lawnmower?

/ New Allis Chamlmers G #18  
Also, to get the high crop height, I will have to cut the rear axles and drop the wheels. I will have to connect them back after building the drop housing and use gears and chain from old dirt bike parts, sprockets. This will gear it down enough to have plenty of power and run slower than in the car mode.

If I use a riding lawnmower, I will connect gears to where the tires/wheels mount, drop them, then have sprockets to connect the chains to the lower axles, taken from another donor rear. Don't think I need to gear those down.

/ New Allis Chamlmers G #19  
what about using something off a machine with drop axles?

soundguy

/ New Allis Chamlmers G #20  
Soundguy, do you mean use an existing machine that already has dropped axles for highcrop? Or do you mean to use machine parts?