New BX2380 rear tires are different profile?

/ New BX2380 rear tires are different profile? #11  
I have OCD and would not be happy unless I replaced both tires, even though it really doesn't matter and I know that. I would have to replace them.

But first, I would call the tire manufacturer, show the pics and explain how awful this looks from a quality control standpoint. You never know, they might give you a $$ credit or special deal or who knows, maybe even a free tire in exchange for the old one. Could happen.

/ New BX2380 rear tires are different profile?
So I called the manufacturer - they are Grass Master tires by OTR. Not that impressed. I just wanted some input on running these with the different pressures and if these would be considered within manufacturing tolerances. Got nothing other than talk to the Kubota dealer. Seems like a tire manufacturer would be more knowledgeable about the product.

I will follow up with my dealer eventually and see what he says - he'll probably say talk to the manufacturer :laughing:

I'll post any updates.

/ New BX2380 rear tires are different profile? #13  
They don't want to admit any guilt to anything...:laughing:
Honestly I wouldn't be the least bit concerned if you're only running 5# difference to straighten them out.. :thumbsup:
I've seen people run 5 pound difference in car tires and run them down the road 75 mph and not even know it..

/ New BX2380 rear tires are different profile? #14  
Over the years I've owned lot of tractors and what I do, first thing, is take the thing to a tractor shop and trade the old tires in for new Firestones. Radials on bigger tractors but bias on smaller ones. I've done threads on this. When you consider the trade in, new tires aren't that much up in price and I feel so much better.

Sometimes there are hidden benefits such as when I bought a JD790 TLB. The only rear tires I could get in my size on a trade were not the OEM type 4 ply cr@p but rather closeout 12 ply super duty Firestones intended for the front of a telehandler. I got them for the same price and they weigh 100-150 lbs more than OEM and that helps with ballast. Just an FYI.

/ New BX2380 rear tires are different profile? #15  
An update: I measured the circumference of each tire and they are different - 81 inches on the left and 80 on the right with both at 14 pounds. I played around with the pressures ...The OCD part of me is not comfortable with it, but is it ok to run the pressures that different?

I needed to replace a tire on the front of a BX2200 a few years back. I found a tire with the exact same tire "size" molded onto the side but the two tires were very different. The orig tire was very flat-topped viewed from the driver's seat while the newer one was more arched or round-topped. Two different brands. No nomenclature difference of any kind, even the tread pattern is the same, but the tire profiles are obviously different. I keep the same pressure in both. Have used them for overloaded FEL work several times, in snow, in grass mowing, in wood moving, etc. It really does not matter. Yes, it bugs me that they do not match but I can't justify buying another tire just to make it look better. Functionally there is no detectable difference.

My guess is that various factories and tire brands use differing molds and techniques that produce these differing profiles. Not a good explanation but it is evident.

My case was front tires, your's is rear tires. Apparently a common disease in the tire industry.

Last edited:
   / New BX2380 rear tires are different profile? #16  
I would think consistent tire pressure would be more important than a small circumference delta.

I would run both tires at the recommended pressure, and live with the slight size difference.

Or, if it bothers you so much as to loose sleep, just replace them. :drink:

/ New BX2380 rear tires are different profile? #17  
I went through this on my B7510. Dealer tried three times before getting two front tires sized the same. MY concern was the use of different size tires in 4WD. The dealer even agreed they should be the same... unless they were satisfying MY concern.

/ New BX2380 rear tires are different profile? #18  
This is straight up disfunctional thinking. Forgetaboutit and move on with things that matter in your life.

No offense intended.

/ New BX2380 rear tires are different profile? #19  
This is straight up disfunctional thinking. Forgetaboutit and move on with things that matter in your life.

No offense intended.

If I'm reading this correctly I'm to be satisfied with mediocre manufacturing processes that produce tires that aren't symmetrical. To me it's the manufacturer that's dysfunctional.

/ New BX2380 rear tires are different profile? #20  
If I'm reading this correctly I'm to be satisfied with mediocre manufacturing processes that produce tires that aren't symmetrical. To me it's the manufacturer that's dysfunctional.

If you buy a $70k car and take a tape measure around to each wheel well and record the number, there will probably more variance than what the op has. It also matters how level your ground is. I saw the picture and I'm telling you that your concern is unfounded. It borders on neurotic. (To the op).