New BX2380

/ New BX2380 #1  

wmonroe

Elite Member
Tractor
1958 Ford 961 Powermaster
I’ve been needing to get something to replace my riding mower which is too light duty for my place and was requiring constant maintenance and repairs. I’ve been doing most of the mowing with my 5240 and a rear finish mower but will not retire the RFM to backup duty.
The BX2380 was delivered this week and I’m pretty excited for the grass to grow so I can put it to work. I’ve been very busy at work so today was the first chance I’ve had to fire it up and drive it around some. It handles going up my steepest hill in high range and only bogs down a little bit. I was only about half throttle though so at 3,000 + rpms it probably wouldn’t have noticed as much.
It’s a little dirty from delivery but here’s a couple pictures. IMG_2613.JPGIMG_2593.JPG

/ New BX2380 #2  
3000rpm should be enough, I run my 2370 at about 2700rpm and it does everything I ask of it without complaint.
The deck was too big for our application but I needed a FEL so we have a Husqvarna 38" ride on which handles the rest, fits through the narrow garden beds which the 2370 wouldn't.
Enjoy.

/ New BX2380 #3  
Well, I don't see the dirt. It's a nice unit. Somebody else is happy also.

/ New BX2380
3000rpm should be enough, I run my 2370 at about 2700rpm and it does everything I ask of it without complaint.
The deck was too big for our application but I needed a FEL so we have a Husqvarna 38" ride on which handles the rest, fits through the narrow garden beds which the 2370 wouldn't.
Enjoy.

I plan on doing most of my mowing at 2600-2800 rpm but will probably bump it up to 3000-3200 while mowing up my steep hills.

/ New BX2380
Well, I don't see the dirt. It's a nice unit. Somebody else is happy also.

No dirt yet but it’s coming. Been so busy at work I haven’t had a chance to touch it.
My youngest boy was the first to sit on it, other than the delivery driver. He was extremely happy, he loves tractors.

/ New BX2380 #7  
Nice machine!

No comparison to a riding lawn mower. Especially with the diesel engine, MFWD, and power steering...

You're gonna love it.

/ New BX2380
Almost 25 hours on it now and almost all of it is mowing. Hooked up my 6’ box blade today to move a little dirt in the garden and then clean up the gravel driveway. I was surprised but it handled it very well, I expected it to be too big/heavy. It’s not something I would want to use on it every day but it did very well. IMG_2713.JPGIMG_2714.JPG

/ New BX2380 #9  
Looks nice!

I run a 62" flail (~650lbs) on my BX2200, and it handles it OK and turns it great. Surprisingly great.

Got it for my next tractor that will be much bigger.

/ New BX2380
The front end was pretty light but not terrible.
I would have thought a 62” flail would have been too much, these little tractors are pretty impressive.