New BX24 is making hissing sounds??????

/ New BX24 is making hissing sounds?????? #1  

NoviceguyInCT

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX24 TLB & old JD 400, JD H140
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Any ideas why my new BX24 with 20 hrs on it is making hissing sounds. What might be causing this? I'm having problems finding the source.

Jim

/ New BX24 is making hissing sounds??????
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Any ideas why my new BX24 with 20 hrs on it is making hissing sounds. What might be causing this? I'm having problems finding the source.

Jim

/ New BX24 is making hissing sounds?????? #3  
Is your mower/3 point hitch control in neutral? Sometimes they get sticky and don't automatically return to neutral after raising or lowering.

/ New BX24 is making hissing sounds?????? #4  
Is your mower/3 point hitch control in neutral? Sometimes they get sticky and don't automatically return to neutral after raising or lowering.

/ New BX24 is making hissing sounds?????? #5  
Can you be more specific as to where the sound is coming from????......my BX often has a "hissing" sound coming from the rear of the tractor due to the hydraulics which is normal.

/ New BX24 is making hissing sounds?????? #6  
Can you be more specific as to where the sound is coming from????......my BX often has a "hissing" sound coming from the rear of the tractor due to the hydraulics which is normal.

/ New BX24 is making hissing sounds?????? #7  
I heard Litchfield County was loaded with SNAKES. Did you check under the hood for a nest?

Sorry........sometimes can't help myself!!!!!!!!!!

/ New BX24 is making hissing sounds?????? #8  
I heard Litchfield County was loaded with SNAKES. Did you check under the hood for a nest?

Sorry........sometimes can't help myself!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys for your input. No snakes under the hood. No mower attached. Hissing sounds seems to be coming from under the hood near the battery or underneath the tractor below the battery.

Jim

Thanks guys for your input. No snakes under the hood. No mower attached. Hissing sounds seems to be coming from under the hood near the battery or underneath the tractor below the battery.

Jim