New Cat 299D XHP

/ New Cat 299D XHP #21  
I won't quit until I get or something's broke.

Thanks Ramzee1 and CAT for the info and pic's,VERY helpful. Now if my sales rep will get in touch.

/ New Cat 299D XHP #22  
Ramzee, nice machine. One thing you have to do and one suggested. First get a true forestry door. The one on the machine is not. If you push in hard enough it will flatten out and fail, probably with injury to the operator. Not sure if Cat has one but I know Supertrak does. Second cover the two opening in front where you unbolt the cab to raise, those are two funnels for debri to enter the belly. Magnet sign material will work fine. I see they put weather striping down the side where the cab meets the frame.

/ New Cat 299D XHP #23  
Timberwolf, first three engine compartment, fourth hydraulic tank fill area. Another thing I forgot to mention is the decelerator. When the engine speed control knob is turned all the way up your foot pedal becomes a decelerator. I forget it's there sometimes. I've been using it when I cross ditches, hook up attachments, pulling into the shed, and there's no more cable for the foot pedal it's electronic now.

Looks like the radiator/hydro cooler is stationary versus the C series where you could raise it up and also,I see they've relocated the muffler and exhaust. Looks pretty good from what I can tell.

/ New Cat 299D XHP #24  
The supertrak 140 I demoed last year, I couldn't tell the difference between the door on the 140 and the one on my cat 297. The salesman calmed it was thicker but it wasn't enough to tell any difference between the two looked like the cat lexan to me but I could be wrong or they forgot to put there supertrak door on it. I know the door on my 297 could take a lick, I was mulching down a 15 in. pine when the head split the tree with the head little over eye level then threw about a 8 in. Diameter piece over two foot long right into the door had so much force it opened the door, but didn't even leave a mark, besides the one in my pants.

/ New Cat 299D XHP #25  
Ramzee u said u had a cat hm415 head on order. I could find any info on it is it like a fae 175?

/ New Cat 299D XHP
Robbie, Thanks. The door is supposed to be a full 1/2" thick will that suffice? It is alot stiffer than the proto was. The magnet material is great, that will be easy to remove if needed.

Timberwolf, yes the radiator is stationery, the grating raises on the top now. the hydraulic filter is in the spot of the old muffler.

Cat, I've been nervous in the C's also. The new door is thicker than the proto was, guessing it had the same as the C on it. The new one is thicker. It will be a couple weeks before I get to mulch with the new one and try out the door. I would guess it to be similar to the 175, I don't have any paper work on it yet, will call my salesman see what I can find out.

Sorry took so long, late getting in.

/ New Cat 299D XHP #29  
Ramzee u said u had a cat hm415 head on order. I could find any info on it is it like a fae 175?

Ramzee, just wandering if you had any word on your HM 415 yet ? CAT rep's telling me in order to run my HM 315, special quick coupler adapters will have to be ordered and it will be August before they're are available. Also, I was wondering if this would affect my hydraulic pressure/flow to the head. And also the electric over hydraulic wiring harness "If I understood him right" would also be on hold till August. Just wandering if you or anybody else on here had any info on the matter ???

/ New Cat 299D XHP
The 415 is supposed to be on the boat headed this way. don't have a delivery date yet. Seems like my rep told me the adapter kits weren't available but could be ordered through parts. When we were running our hm312 on it we got the bigger couplers and screwed them onto the mulcher hoses so we didn't need the adapters. Cat had put the electric pin connector on when they set up the proto. I'll talk to my rep tomorrow and see what all he knows.