New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #21  
I can definitely see your point of view. The truth is that this is the first time my dealer has shown any sloppy work, normally all the "extras" I've asked for have been top notch.

The only reason I haven't melted down over my entire experience with Kioti is because of the dealer. They have resolved every issues without question, always pick up and transport my tractor at no charge (120KM each way). A couple of times, including the issues with the cab, they didn't give me the warmest reception and I have to say my patience is starting to wear thin.

My tractor has had a lot of issues, but it's never left me stranded, and that's probably one of the reasons I still like it. Compared to my 20 yr old JD 955 with no warranty and a maintenance schedule more like a helicopter, the Kioti is still a dream. I guess it's like a movie, if your expectations are set too high, you'll be disappointed, if you go in with low expectations, it might not seem so bad.

When I read your list of troubles, it struck me that at least some of those are as much about dealer prep as anything. Then there's this bad cab install. Hmmm you are kinda caught between a rock and a hard place. Your only choice is to be insistant both with the dealer and Kioti.

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW
My thoughts/opinion are is that Ken is a nice guy.

Thanks Chris, that's nice of you to say.

Nice to a fault you could say.

Hey!

His contact at the dealer is probably also a very nice guy and Ken probably considers him a friend now.

Nope, actually don't know him personally at all, and I'm starting (OK, from about 5 minutes after I originally bought the tractor) to think he doesn't like me much! The thing is, these guys do more than any other dealer I've talked to, from transporting my tractor twice now (240KM return) for free, to making 4 home visits for repairs and for the 50 hr service. I asked them to grease the bottom zerk on the backhoe the last time they picked it up because you need a flexible grease gun nozzle and mine isn't. When I got the tractor back, sitting on the seat was a new flexible nozzle for my gun. The list does go on (loading tires, adding a block heater, work lights etc), and I've posted much about it because it is over and above what other local dealers for any other brand (especially Kubota and JD) have been willing to do.

Now, that only goes so far, and I think we've finally come to the end. It doesn't make up for poor workmanship or being put off and ignored (2 months for the HST).

Along with the other problems I've listed with the cab, the nuts on the door shocks where only hand tight and obviously forgotten, a plate that holds several electrical connections for the cab is currently hanging loose, never fastened to the frame (two bolt holes line up with the frame right above) and when I first got the tractor, I started finding hardware on the ground that had obviously not been caught during dealer prep. This all shows sloppy work and lack of attention to details and there have been enough of them now to not be so forgiving.

The rest of the guys I've dealt with at the dealership are really good guys, and I do trust that if I have to start discussing it with them, these issues will be resolved. This is a family run business so the chain of command and the internal workings are a little different.

In the end, you're right, it's business and I won't be stepped on, I never am. In this case, I need to follow their process a little longer being Mr Nice guy, keeping my cool and having some patience. That doesn't mean if this approach fails in the end that I'll roll over. I'm trying to gather as much info as possible including feedback and options from TBNers (thanks for everything so far) and pics of other installs to back up my side, because I'm fully expecting this to get nasty.

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #23  
Man, I was way off. :-(
Ya, sounds like they get an "A" for effort but a "D" for content.
I can tell you that I know for a fact, Kioti corporate managers troll this forum. I would be very surprised if this is not resolved soon.

Darn, I want to give you my machine. :-(

Keep us posted.

Chris

Last edited:
   / New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #25  
I can't believe the D word was blocked out. Lol.

So... let's call this review #2. My dealer was out on Friday to take a second look at the cab. Again, regardless of some may think, I still think I have one of the best dealers around.

I was given a serious boost by a TBNer who provided a series of pictures and instructions to properly install this cab. They were invaluable to me and to my dealer. I emailed a couple of pictures to them before hand, and then gave them my tablet with the rest when they arrived. They spend 4 hours in my garage re-working the cab and using those pictures as a reference. The end result is one heck of a nice cab!

IMHO, the test of a good dealer is actually how they deal with you when there's a problem, regardless of how the problem came to be.

OK, my actual review is this is a top notch after market cab, much nicer than the JDP cab that was on my previous tractor. The significant amount of sound proofing material makes this cab very quiet in comparison and makes it worthwhile buying a radio for it (I had one before but would have to turn it up so loud that it would give me a headache). Even with the features that are supposed to be included and were missing, this cab still has a lot more in it than most aftermarket versions that cost more and has a much more polished finish. I do think Kioti could have manufactured plastic or rubber or some composite panels that are rigid and just snap together instead of the material that they used. This would make the difference between a factory cab that much smaller and would make the dealers job much easier. The front floodlights sacrifice brightness for sleek design, but are still useful and the front windshield wiper with wiper fluid works well and is a nice touch. There is no rear wiper, but my dealer simply removed one of the bolts for the rear hinge and used the hole for a wiper. There's no washer fluid on the back, but that's not needed. The front windshield opens a nice amount to allow some air in and the back opens completely. I would have liked and will probably rig up a way to only open the rear a crack or 1/4 of the way, but now it's either fully closed or wide open. The cab is very securely fastened to the tractor with brackets into the frame front and back. My JDP cab simply sat on the floor in the front and broke all 4 floor supports by the time I got it and was only holding by the sheet metal. There is NO movement at all in this cab over bumps and no squeaking or shaking either.

Now, I'm still waiting to find out how Kioti will deal with the missing features. They've already told me they will be removing the brochure from the website and changing their website with regards to the cab. I will post the current English and French brochures when they do. There doesn't seem to be any way to make good on some of the missing features, so I have a few suggestions that should be reasonable and fair, I'll continue to post my progress with that process.

Now some before and after pics...

Attachments

• Left side.jpg
    Left side.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 331
  • right side b&a.jpg
    right side b&a.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 295
  • Seat b&a.jpg
    Seat b&a.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 352
  • Inside b&a.jpg
    Inside b&a.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 506
   / New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #27  
I'm glad your happy Ken. Now I don't have to send you mine. :)

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #28  
Glad to see most of your problems with the cab are resolved, looks like your tractor is a nightmare story:( I had similar experience with my TC45 supersuite cab tractor. Here are a few pics of CK30 with the kioti cab i took at the dealer, sametime i took thoses of the CK20. My dealer told me that installation was alot of work. With all your troubles and the dealer always there to do his best, i believe you've got a good dealer. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• cabine CK 016.JPG
    cabine CK 016.JPG
    559.3 KB · Views: 312
  • cabine CK 018.JPG
    cabine CK 018.JPG
    390.4 KB · Views: 259
  • cabine CK 019.JPG
    cabine CK 019.JPG
    471.1 KB · Views: 264
  • cabine CK 014.JPG
    cabine CK 014.JPG
    541.4 KB · Views: 336
   / New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #29  
I'm glad thing's are working out for you....finally..... It still would have been nice if they had done it right the first time but I will give them credit for doing what they needed to make it right . On the upside now you have the nice cab you purchased and payed for and it looks great. Now hopefully we get some snow so you can enjoy being dry and warm moving snow while the rest of us poor uncabbed suckers are wet and freezing.
Craig

Glad to see most of your problems with the cab are resolved, looks like your tractor is a nightmare story:( I had similar experience with my TC45 supersuite cab tractor. Here are a few pics of CK30 with the kioti cab i took at the dealer, sametime i took thoses of the CK20. My dealer told me that installation was alot of work. With all your troubles and the dealer always there to do his best, i believe you've got a good dealer. :thumbsup:

Karl, thanks for the pics. Your picture of the CK20 played an important role getting everything figured out. Your pictures of the CK30 cab show how poor the installation instructions must be from Kioti. Your pictures show the floor going in last and curled up at the front and at the back to avoid the ripples that mine started off with. This is different from pictures of other installs I've now seen and how my floor is now done (the floor now goes under the material coming off the fenders and the centre piece on the tunnel sits on top). I'm not sure how Kioti intended it to be done, but I'm now happy with my install.

When my dealer came back for a second look, they brought a second cab kit with them to use for parts if needed. The parts that they took out of that kit weren't even the same as the ones in my cab. Those type of things can't make installing them any easier.

There is still the issue with the missing features, I've set Kioti a proposal, more to come...