New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #11  
We have installed several of the KIOTI Cabs. Customers have been overall pleased with them. But, it takes 2 days to do the entire install. That adds to the cost.

Couple comments:
The speakers are not in the cab, they are supplied with the stereo kit.
It is possible to save the cup holder in the CK27/35 Cab. Not easy, but we have done it.
The interior trim takes almost 1/2 day to install properly. Takes a lot of patience for good results.

Compared to the aftermarket cabs, the KIOTI Kab, is a better fit and nicer finish, especially with the heater system and pre-wired sound system.

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #12  
Phew, That is pathetic! Looks like the shop sweeper drew the short straw on that install. No doubt it must be easier to do going down the factory line, but that is just plain unprofessional. I'd be embarrassed to let that out of my shop.
Have them work on it until it's right.
Post back results.

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #13  
I think it's just another example (of many) of how poor his dealer is. And, as with most things Kioti, their new offerings still have some "kinks" (punn intended) to get out.

With all the troubles the OP has had with his kioti, I'm surprised he buys anything again, neither from this dealer nor Kioti in general. I certainly wouldn't pour another $7K into a tractor I wasn't exactly happy with.

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #14  
We have installed several of the KIOTI Cabs. Customers have been overall pleased with them. But, it takes 2 days to do the entire install. That adds to the cost.

Couple comments:
It is possible to save the cup holder in the CK27/35 Cab. Not easy, but we have done it.
The interior trim takes almost 1/2 day to install properly. Takes a lot of patience for good results.

Compared to the aftermarket cabs, the KIOTI Kab, is a better fit and nicer finish, especially with the heater system and pre-wired sound system.

I am going to agree with Michigan guys. I have put a few on. Not an easy task but a nicely finished product if you take the time to do the details. It is not a 5 minute quick job!

Tony

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW
I am going to agree with Michigan guys. I have put a few on. Not an easy task but a nicely finished product if you take the time to do the details. It is not a 5 minute quick job!
Tony

...But, it takes 2 days to do the entire install. That adds to the cost.

Couple comments:

LaVoie Equipment / MichiganIron,
Thanks guys, it's really good to get input from dealers. Have any of the cabs that you guys installed been CK27/35 cabs? I'm really interested in finding out if the grey insulating mat material is missing around the steering column, it really seems like it should be there.

MichiganIron, I hear you about the speakers, that's what my dealer said as well. That's why I've broken my complaints into 2 categories, Kioti and Dealer. The Kioti brochure and web clearly say the pre-wired audio den with speakers are included and that a CD player is optional. IMO, Kioti is at least as sloppy with they're brochure as my dealer was with the install.

As dealers, how do you rate this install and what do you guys think should happen next? Is this install "close enough", should I ask them to tear out the interior and start over (not going to happen) or do you think it can be fixed properly? I'm holding back on commenting about my dealer, but the initial reception has not been good.

I think it's just another example (of many) of how poor his dealer is. And, as with most things Kioti, their new offerings still have some "kinks" (punn intended) to get out.

With all the troubles the OP has had with his kioti, I'm surprised he buys anything again, neither from this dealer nor Kioti in general. I certainly wouldn't pour another $7K into a tractor I wasn't exactly happy with.

I can definitely see your point of view. The truth is that this is the first time my dealer has shown any sloppy work, normally all the "extras" I've asked for have been top notch.

The only reason I haven't melted down over my entire experience with Kioti is because of the dealer. They have resolved every issues without question, always pick up and transport my tractor at no charge (120KM each way). A couple of times, including the issues with the cab, they didn't give me the warmest reception and I have to say my patience is starting to wear thin.

My tractor has had a lot of issues, but it's never left me stranded, and that's probably one of the reasons I still like it. Compared to my 20 yr old JD 955 with no warranty and a maintenance schedule more like a helicopter, the Kioti is still a dream. I guess it's like a movie, if your expectations are set too high, you'll be disappointed, if you go in with low expectations, it might not seem so bad.

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #17  
Sorry to hear you have issues, Ken. It seems that the dealer is playing CYA to defend against poor workmanship. They should be apologizing and offering to do whatever it takes to make it right. Let's not forget that you are one of the customers keeping them alive, and bad publicity could hurt them.

The cab looks good from the outside...I'm looking into a Laurin cab for my M59, and the cost is close to $10,000 CDN. You should have high expectations when spending these sums of money!

I think society has conditioned us to expect less due to poorer quality in offshore manufacturing...don't settle for that!

Good Luck

/ New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #18  
Ken;

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experiences with your Kioti. I know exactly how you feel.

We too are in Ontario, and we also saw first hand what happens when our dealer's teenaged untrained, inexperienced, idiot "mechanic" learned on our Kioti.

We had to get Kioti involved. The bottom line for us was that Kioti stands behind their product and steps in when the dealer screws up.

I would recommend that you contact Kioti. You should have a new, problem free tractor, after all, isn't that what you paid for?

Ken;

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experiences with your Kioti. I know exactly how you feel.

We too are in Ontario, and we also saw first hand what happens when our dealer's teenaged untrained, inexperienced, idiot "mechanic" learned on our Kioti.

We had to get Kioti involved. The bottom line for us was that Kioti stands behind their product and steps in when the dealer screws up.

I would recommend that you contact Kioti. You should have a new, problem free tractor, after all, isn't that what you paid for?

Wow, I just looked up your original thread! It's hard to imagine a dealer telling you to get the grinder out, but probably a good thing Wallace told you how to fix it, your dealer sounds incompitant enough to have used his own grinder if you'd taken it back to him.

(http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...g/102618-kl451-frame-cutting-dk45s-front.html)

I'll give my dealer the opportunity to fix this, they have been great in the past. I hope I don't have to call Kioti, but I will if that's what it comes to. Besides, I have a few issues to discuss with them too.

Last edited:
   / New comfort cab for CK30 - REVIEW #20  
My thoughts/opinion are is that Ken is a nice guy. Nice to a fault you could say. His contact at the dealer is probably also a very nice guy and Ken probably considers him a friend now. The number one lesson in sales "share something personal". You start sharing stories about the grand kids (or whatever) and it's hard not to feel like there is a personal relationship there. Problem is, when it comes to business and you need to put the hammer down its hard when you like the people.
Ken has had a rough time here. The biggest Kioti Horror story I have heard of so far. I would think this machine would be considered a lemon and I personally wouldn't be happy with anything less than a new tractor. I would think that in the long run it would be cheaper for Kioti to replace it and would also be the most ethical thing they could do. This bad press can't be good for them.