New Cubs

/ New Cubs #11  
Very modern looking. Looks like it should cut through the wind nicely.

/ New Cubs #12  
The difference between the deere sst (which did not work) and the Cub iSeries is that the Cub has steerable front wheels. This feature keeps the machine pointed where you steer just like a conventional tractor but through solid rod linkages to the individual izt transmissions in the rear , the movement of the steering wheel steers the front wheels while simultaneously operating the hydro units, just as if you were moving the steering levers of a conventional ztr. Anyone can drive it from the first minute with no more of a learning curve than that of a conventional tractor.
The system works well and is really fairly simple.

/ New Cubs #13  
Superclyde007 said:
The difference between the deere sst (which did not work) and the Cub iSeries is that the Cub has steerable front wheels. This feature keeps the machine pointed where you steer just like a conventional tractor

Ah...so that's the difference...thanks Superclyde. I hope it works out for Cub and their customers.

/ New Cubs #14  
I noticed the new tractor posted is in a new color scheme - black and yellow as opposed to white and yellow. I heard someone say the yanmar/cubs would also be black/yellow. Wonder whether CC will be eventually changing everything over to the new color scheme?

/ New Cubs #15  
The thing really looks like it will work good concept wise. You get two little hydro-gear trannies for the price of..... well, two little hydro gear trannies. Two is better than one, maybe it takes two of them to get up a grade. Concepts of course don't equal sales, and I think it would take a lot of dealer know-how and pursuading to sell those types of tractors, especially with the list price they carry. I can't wait to see the parts diagram to see how CC is getting belt power from a front engine to two hydro-gear transaxles when in the past they have had trouble getting it to just one HG transaxle. I'll think positive :) -Fordlords-

/ New Cubs #17  
Hi all,

New Cub Cadet i1046 owner. Let me just tell you my story, short version. Went to a large home building store (names are withheld to protect the inocent) and was looking for a riding mower, have 3 acers, mow about 1 acer. Was looking to spend about $1000.00-1200.00. was looking at what they had and notice the Cub Cadet i1046, it had a price tag of 3399.00 and I asked why that was so much? The salesman looked at it and stated that "this is not a zero turn mower", as it stated on the pricetag. It did not look like a ZT mower, no levers etc....So I asked what the price was, after about 10 mins of him going back and forth, his manager came out and said he would sell it to me for 1395.00. I said that was a little out of my price range and said thanks, and left.

My wife and I went to dinner and discussed lawn tractors and decided to go back and just buy it. We were offered another 10% off if we bought it on their credit card, which we did not have, so I filled out the paper work, was approved and so the price came down to 1255.00, with TAX, 1352.00 and loaded it up away we went on our way. It was not until I got home that I relized that I never asked what the warrenty was. I log on to Cub Cadet's website and then relized that the price that they originally had was correct and this is a new ZT model mower. I felt bad and called them back the next day and talked to the manager about the mistake. He stated that it was their mistake and he thank me for my honesty. He said that because it was already paid for and that they made the mistate, to keep it and stated, "it must have been your lucky day". :)

I have just took it for a spin around the driveway, but I must say, it is a sweet tractor, build quality is very nice. I will be using it tomorrow and will give a full review.

PCW

/ New Cubs #18  
Well I just finished mowing about 1 1/2 acers on the new i1046. It ran great, plenty of power and for those of you wondering if the front wheels dig in when turning on the tight radius, the answer is no. It took about 65 mins to mow and the grass was pretty high in some areas. The washing deck system worked very well, I ran the mower up a couple of small ramps I have to see how clean the underside of the mower deck was, it was spotless. I am very please with this mower, the Kohler Courage V-twin ran perfectly, the ZTR definitly saved time. I have about 30 trees, just planted and I was able to mow completely around all of them, no need to use a push mower or a trimmer. I would recommend this mower. The MRSP is high, 3399.00, I am not sure I would have paid that for a first year, new model.

CW

/ New Cubs #19  
Be sure to let us know how it worked out for you at the end of your mowing season.

Good luck with your new Cub by MTD and I really hope the tractor works out well for you. You might want to get to know your local Cub dealer pretty soon just in case you have any problems. :D

/ New Cubs
craigw said:
Hi all,

New Cub Cadet i1046 owner. Let me just tell you my story, short version. Went to a large home building store (names are withheld to protect the inocent) and was looking for a riding mower, have 3 acers, mow about 1 acer. Was looking to spend about $1000.00-1200.00. was looking at what they had and notice the Cub Cadet i1046, it had a price tag of 3399.00 and I asked why that was so much? The salesman looked at it and stated that "this is not a zero turn mower", as it stated on the pricetag. It did not look like a ZT mower, no levers etc....So I asked what the price was, after about 10 mins of him going back and forth, his manager came out and said he would sell it to me for 1395.00. I said that was a little out of my price range and said thanks, and left.

My wife and I went to dinner and discussed lawn tractors and decided to go back and just buy it. We were offered another 10% off if we bought it on their credit card, which we did not have, so I filled out the paper work, was approved and so the price came down to 1255.00, with TAX, 1352.00 and loaded it up away we went on our way. It was not until I got home that I relized that I never asked what the warrenty was. I log on to Cub Cadet's website and then relized that the price that they originally had was correct and this is a new ZT model mower. I felt bad and called them back the next day and talked to the manager about the mistake. He stated that it was their mistake and he thank me for my honesty. He said that because it was already paid for and that they made the mistate, to keep it and stated, "it must have been your lucky day". :)

I have just took it for a spin around the driveway, but I must say, it is a sweet tractor, build quality is very nice. I will be using it tomorrow and will give a full review.

PCW

Wow! You got a heck of a deal. It sounds like the first cut went well. I've used an old Craftsman that was 4 wheel steer and it was real nice for mowing. Your tractor should do even better. Have fun!