New Cubs

/ New Cubs #21  
I must say I like the white much better.

/ New Cubs #22  
Wow! It was your lucky day :)

That's as good as my lucky day, where I got a 11 y/o 1864 that was stored in a climate-controlled garage for 8 of those 11 years, unused, and only has 165 hours on it.

For free :)

-Larry

craigw said:
Hi all,

New Cub Cadet i1046 owner. Let me just tell you my story, short version. Went to a large home building store (names are withheld to protect the inocent) and was looking for a riding mower, have 3 acers, mow about 1 acer. Was looking to spend about $1000.00-1200.00. was looking at what they had and notice the Cub Cadet i1046, it had a price tag of 3399.00 and I asked why that was so much? The salesman looked at it and stated that "this is not a zero turn mower", as it stated on the pricetag. It did not look like a ZT mower, no levers etc....So I asked what the price was, after about 10 mins of him going back and forth, his manager came out and said he would sell it to me for 1395.00. I said that was a little out of my price range and said thanks, and left.

My wife and I went to dinner and discussed lawn tractors and decided to go back and just buy it. We were offered another 10% off if we bought it on their credit card, which we did not have, so I filled out the paper work, was approved and so the price came down to 1255.00, with TAX, 1352.00 and loaded it up away we went on our way. It was not until I got home that I relized that I never asked what the warrenty was. I log on to Cub Cadet's website and then relized that the price that they originally had was correct and this is a new ZT model mower. I felt bad and called them back the next day and talked to the manager about the mistake. He stated that it was their mistake and he thank me for my honesty. He said that because it was already paid for and that they made the mistate, to keep it and stated, "it must have been your lucky day". :)

I have just took it for a spin around the driveway, but I must say, it is a sweet tractor, build quality is very nice. I will be using it tomorrow and will give a full review.

PCW

/ New Cubs #23  
Hmmm...... Subtle. Very subtle......

-Larry

Hard said:
Be sure to let us know how it worked out for you at the end of your mowing season.

Good luck with your new Cub by MTD and I really hope the tractor works out well for you. You might want to get to know your local Cub dealer pretty soon just in case you have any problems. :D

/ New Cubs #24  
Hard said:
Be sure to let us know how it worked out for you at the end of your mowing season.

Good luck with your new Cub by MTD and I really hope the tractor works out well for you. You might want to get to know your local Cub dealer pretty soon just in case you have any problems. :D

You think by going Green you will escape any and all problems? I bet you will be back on this board wailing away in the Green forum in no time at all - start bonding with your dealer now - I suggest finding out their birthdays as well as their families birthdays and send a gift - it warms them up..

Listen stuff happens, things fail and they break. Nothing worse than a grown man wimpering about when things fail - excessively I might add

Enjoy your new found color - whats next orange or blue?

Duc

/ New Cubs #25  
Well said, Duc.
It is refreshing to participate in adult conversation.

/ New Cubs #26  
I too got an i1046 for a heck of a deal a couple of weeks ago, it was a bring back at Home Depot. I got it for $1150 plus tax, and $20 to deliver it to my yards with their rental truck. I had no interest in it until I saw how much it had been marked down. It had some type of problem, and had to be worked on, the manager said that he could not sell it, so he kept marking it down. I got it at the final price. It had 3.6 hours on it. It still has 2 full years of factory warranty left on it. I was told that warranty is good for 3 years from the manufacture date, 1/7/07 in this case. I have my purchase receipt to save forever.

It really is an amazing machine. Nothing out there quite compares to it. It climbs very well, and the two trannies are on a lot of other zt's being used, just did some research on them. I am more than happy with it.

Cub does need to find a way to lower the price, but, more importantly, they need to market these in a better way. Here is a commercial that Cub has for these neat mowers.

YouTube - LeBron commercial - Cub Cadet's Lawn Mower