New cx2510 cab or used ck2610 cab?

/ New cx2510 cab or used ck2610 cab? #1  

Templecruiser

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti cab CX2510
I can buy a new cx2510 cab with loaded r14 tires, bolt on cutting edge and hooks on bucket, plus radio for just under $28,000. I have a guy near me with a 2022 ck2610 cab with only 24hrs on it with loaded r14 tires, 4ft brush hog, 3rd function and a homemade fisher plow set up for $26,000. The CK only has 5 months of warranty left on bumper to bumper. It's been left outside its life as paint is pretty faded, but looked in great shape. But, may be overkill for my needs as most use will be snow removal on my 500ft driveway. The cx well is brand new and near the same size as my 2025r I just sold, which worked good. So the question new or used?

/ New cx2510 cab or used ck2610 cab? #2  
Lots of it depends here.

Are you good with doing your own repairs?
How well do you know the seller?
Will the local dealer support a tractor you didn't buy from them?
What's the dealer reputation overall?
Is the warranty transferable?

My personal take is usually to get new versus used on something like a tractor. If you really know the seller well and know how the tractor was treated that may ease that take a bit. If you are not especially good or in to wrenching, lean more to new.

Some dealers are real %#%&s about service if you don't buy from them. You will always be at the end of the queue. Better to know that before hand.

Used makes more sense with cars where there is a big $ difference driving off the lot.

/ New cx2510 cab or used ck2610 cab? #3  
I can buy a new cx2510 cab with loaded r14 tires, bolt on cutting edge and hooks on bucket, plus radio for just under $28,000. I have a guy near me with a 2022 ck2610 cab with only 24hrs on it with loaded r14 tires, 4ft brush hog, 3rd function and a homemade fisher plow set up for $26,000. The CK only has 5 months of warranty left on bumper to bumper. It's been left outside its life as paint is pretty faded, but looked in great shape. But, may be overkill for my needs as most use will be snow removal on my 500ft driveway. The cx well is brand new and near the same size as my 2025r I just sold, which worked good. So the question new or used?
A lot more tractor with the CK compared to the CX.
I just got a CK and it's pretty small and light to medium duty, when I was looking the CX was what I considered a garden tractor.

/ New cx2510 cab or used ck2610 cab? #4  
For reference, I was quoted $29,000 for a new TYM T394 cab with HST about two months ago. It had been sitting on the dealers lot long enough he was starting to have to pay interest and wanted it sold.

And this member posted he recently bought a new 4820ch for $29,500.

Last edited:
   / New cx2510 cab or used ck2610 cab?
Lots of it depends here.

Are you good with doing your own repairs?
How well do you know the seller?
Will the local dealer support a tractor you didn't buy from them?
What's the dealer reputation overall?
Is the warranty transferable?

My personal take is usually to get new versus used on something like a tractor. If you really know the seller well and know how the tractor was treated that may ease that take a bit. If you are not especially good or in to wrenching, lean more to new.

Some dealers are real %#%&s about service if you don't buy from them. You will always be at the end of the queue. Better to know that before hand.

Used makes more sense with cars where there is a big $ difference driving off the lot.
Very handy with equipment. Been working with heavy equipment for 40 years. The dealer used one was bought is a little farther away then mine, so not a huge deal. Don't know the guy or how he took care of it, that is my only concern that's up in the air.

A lot more tractor with the CK compared to the CX.
I just got a CK and it's pretty small and light to medium duty, when I was looking the CX was what I considered a garden tractor.
That's what I mean, the CK is most likely overkill for what I need.

For reference, I was quoted $29,000 for a new TYM T394 cab with HST about two months ago. It had been sitting on the dealers lot long enough he was starting to have to pay interest and wanted it sold.

And this member posted he recently bought a new 4820ch for $29,500.

I got a quote for a T25 cab for $24,650 with mid pto and loaded r14 tires. But no AC was tough. They gave me a quote for a 394 cab with mid pto and loaded r14 for $32,250. But that would be way overkill for what I will need.

/ New cx2510 cab or used ck2610 cab? #8  
I would get the Ck2610. Now, I would consider that cabled TYM too. The CK2610 is a bit lacking in horsepower already, before adding the cab, loaded tires, ect; but is probably double the machine. The TYM adds horse power, without adding size, but does IMO give up some creature comforts, in the loader controls, and seat, but is a more capable machine.

The Cx2510 only has a 2 range vs 3 range HST. My 2610, I'm in mid range most of the time; and I would expect the 2510, won't do any work in High, so your doing everything in Low... So, although you have the same HP, I would expect to take about 1.5x as long to do your snow clearing,

Edit: Is this a cash purchase or fianaced? If fianaced, will you be able to fund fianacing for the used CK, that fits your budgets.

Last edited:
   / New cx2510 cab or used ck2610 cab? #9  
   / New cx2510 cab or used ck2610 cab? #10  
If it is between the CX and the CK, the CK is obviously the more capable tractor of the two. But you will have to analyze what you seek to do now and the near future. I waited 10 years extra until I could afford a tractor with cab, heat and AC. Then the TYM T474 checked all the boxes. Now I have 420h on it with no issue.