New Disc Mower delivered Friday

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday #11  
Nice new cutter. I sure wish I had it.....

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday
I agree that the price difference between a PT hay cutter & 3 pt model on a caddy will be close. I can't see how the PT will turn sharper than the 3 pt on a caddy. If I time my 3 pt on a caddy correctly I can turn a 90 degree corner and leave very little to no hay standing

The gearbox on the Kuhn pull type cutter swivels in the center. Which keeps the pto shaft in line with the tractor when making a turn. The limit to how sharp you can turn is when the tractor tire would hit the tongue of the cutter.

ForumRunner_20130406_201007.png

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday #13  
The gearbox on the Kuhn pull type cutter swivels in the center. Which keeps the pto shaft in line with the tractor when making a turn. The limit to how sharp you can turn is when the tractor tire would hit the tongue of the cutter.

View attachment 312020

It's a real impressive hookup! I have to admit that I'm not real comfortable with pushing the turn angle to what the cutter will work at... To many year's of watching out for the pto shaft and not crowding those knuckles; I guess!

But, the neighbor has a new Kuhn MoCo and he cranks out those near 90's with calm precision!

AKfish

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday #14  
The Gyrodine drive is designed to be able to turn it more than 90 degrees, it's basically 2 right angle gear drives joined together. It pivots by hand while on it's kickstand. The Kuhn FC 243 RTG here has the 2 point hitch with chain height limiters, very easy to hook up.

Nice looking machine Timm250.

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday #15  
Does that Gyrodine drive attach to tractor drawbar or 3pt?

Does that Gyrodine drive attach to tractor drawbar or 3pt?

This one attaches to the drawbar but they also make a hitch that attaches to the 3pt.

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday #17  
Is there another part that attaches to drawbar that's not in the photo?

Is there another part that attaches to drawbar that's not in the photo?

Yes. There is a piece that attaches to the drawbar & the hook that you see in the other picture drops down over it. Then there is a another piece that latches the 2 together. I will try to get a picture of it later.

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday #20  
OK I understand. That adapter in lower photo makes it interesting to tow disc cutter with a PU. Very similar problem with JD's first Equal Angle hitch.