New Disc Mower delivered Friday

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday
OK I understand. That adapter in lower photo makes it interesting to tow disc cutter with a PU. Very similar problem with JD's first Equal Angle hitch.

I haven't seen one of the JD equal angle hitches. I am planning to get a piece of flat bar the same size as my drawbar & weld it to a piece of 2" tubing so that I can pull it with a pickup. The farthest that I travel to cut is 12 miles so it's not really a big deal if I have to move it with the tractor until I get time to make a hitch for the pu.

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday #22  
Here's a parts photo of JD's first attempt at building an Equal Angle hitch. 336/346 sq balers & 1207/1209 were the first implements that I remember that had EA hitch. I built a longer male part for my PU's receiver hitch that would slid in parts key #2 and pin similar to a tractor drawbar for delivering equipment with the EA hitch.

Attachments

• LVP2510________UN06SEP00.gif
    LVP2510________UN06SEP00.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 145
   / New Disc Mower delivered Friday #23  
Here's a parts photo of JD's first attempt at building an Equal Angle hitch. 336/346 sq balers & 1207/1209 were the first implements that I remember that had EA hitch. I built a longer male part for my PU's receiver hitch that would slid in parts key #2 and pin similar to a tractor drawbar for delivering equipment with the EA hitch.

You know... I've looked at that hitch for a couple of year's and for the life of me - couldn't figure out why Deere would make a hitch like that?!?! Hmmm... manage to keep learnin' things just about weekly here on TBN!

Keep that good stuff comin'! :laughing:

I took it off and use the regular hitch connection for the flat drawbar.

AKfish

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday #24  
JD's first attempt at an Equal Angle did what it was designed to do which was for the u-joints not to rattle in a 90 degree turn by putting the pivot point exactly 1/2 way between the 2 u-joints on the pto shaft. The later hitches are much better.

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday #25  
We bought this same cutter last spring & cut roughly 900 acres with it last year.It is a good machine.The turning & hook up procedures take a little getting used to but after you do it is a breeze.We went from a 1411 NH discbine to this.

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday
We bought this same cutter last spring & cut roughly 900 acres with it last year.It is a good machine.The turning & hook up procedures take a little getting used to but after you do it is a breeze.We went from a 1411 NH discbine to this.

That is good to hear. I have never used a pull type cutter & I'm looking forward to trying this one out. It has been a cool spring & it will still be a while before I can get it in the field to try it out. I have a Kuhn speed rake that I have had for 4 years. It is a really good rake and has cut down on raking time considerably. There are a lot of the 3ph Kuhn cutters around my area but this is the first trailed cutter that I know of.