New Forum Thread

/ New Forum Thread #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Hi All,

As you can see, we now have a new forum software. Right now I don't have time to post specifics on the new features, but would like to use this thread for any problem reports.

We found that in converting the user database, that some number of older user accounts were using a different password encryption. Unfortunately, those passwords will not work with the new encryption, and since they were encrypted, there was nothing we could do to save them.

So, if you are unable to login, you have to use the password reset tool, and then change your password through the User CP.

We still have a lot of work to do but wanted to get the forums back online ASAP. The custom style sheets will return later today or tomorrow.

/ New Forum Thread #2  
I see that the content filter is set a tad high. Any word with the letters -a-s-s in it are being filtered... etc..

Soundguy

/ New Forum Thread
Yeah, we were having some problems with that. How about now?

/ New Forum Thread #4  
Don't like the new look hard on the eyes

Don't like the new look hard on the eyes. We will see what others say.

/ New Forum Thread #5  
v-bul

Muhammad said:
Yeah, we were having some problems with that. How about now?

I've used a few other sites that run this software. I guess it is the latest 'thing'.

Too bad.. .. Iliked the look of the other software.. but gues that it was getting long in the tooth.. and I assume it was becoming hard to maintain?

thanks

Soundguy

/ New Forum Thread #6  
I agree..

gary1611 said:
Don't like the new look hard on the eyes. We will see what others say.

I know what you mean.. I was really attached to the other software.

I also guess I was one of the people with the non-standard encrypted password.. as I had to figure out how to re-login.

Oh well.. can't go back.. so gotta go forward..

Soundguy

/ New Forum Thread
Soundguy said:
I've used a few other sites that run this software. I guess it is the latest 'thing'.

Too bad.. .. Iliked the look of the other software.. but gues that it was getting long in the tooth.. and I assume it was becoming hard to maintain?

thanks

Soundguy

There were a lot of issues that were getting worse, as well as some security problems.

We evaluated a lot of software products and found that this one offered the best combination of reliability and features.

As for the look... I am still working on the colors and trying to match it up to the old forum.

/ New Forum Thread #8  
No avatars or Favorite Threads?

It appears that I can't add an avatar, and all my Favorite Threads are gone missing!

/ New Forum Thread #10  
I love what you did with the place! Actually, this will take some getting used to. I have been on other forums that use this format and I really liked the way it was. Oh well.
A new challenge will be fun. Thanks for the hard work and a great site that I'm sure will still be great.