New garage time!

/ New garage time! #1,221  
Are you sure the force isn't horizontal - the wind pushing the wall in. That tall wall makes a pretty good sail

/ New garage time!
#1,222  
I put down some landscape fabric, then drain hose, then stone, then filled with dirt. The Dirt pile is at a low point so it was very muddy and my tractor has turf tires, so that was fun.

I just need to backfill the area with dirt, then seed for grass and put straw down.

qrLpvOK.jpg

WyEt9ZE.jpg

ReXxAg2.jpg

7hltD4U.jpg

ojX7Hfa.jpg

97FEitc.jpg

l6UCXEN.jpg

z7znejj.jpg

57hRh4V.jpg

h2ets90.jpg

s8ZHrWP.jpg

/ New garage time!
#1,223  
Are you sure the force isn't horizontal - the wind pushing the wall in. That tall wall makes a pretty good sail
That was my tought. It looked squished almost.

/ New garage time!
#1,224  
I started backfilling the area behind the wall with dirt. Even at mid day the dirt was frozen, i was a bit surprised. I want to get teeth for the bucket, I think it'll really help break up the dirt piles. Weeds were growing as well, which had some root balls that were tough to break through.

Still, i got a good amount of dirt moved. Friday I'll go get my roller and back blade so I can start leveling it out. I still haven't figured out what I'm going to top the block's with. Maybe some pavers.

xBgbOiM.jpg

ljelwq4.jpg

KViG0Eh.jpg

ybNMW27.jpg

/ New garage time! #1,225  
Do you have brick on your house? Brick looks nice on top of blocks. I'm a tile guy, so I like to use it where ever I can. On my home made swimming pool that I built out of blocks, I'm going to install 4x8 tile from Lowes. It's stupid expensive, but for me, it's the look that I like the best. I've already bought the tile, I'm just waiting on good weather and a some time where I don't have to do something else that's more important.

/ New garage time!
#1,226  
I have brick and stucco, brick takes so long to lay though... I actually have the brick, if i went that route. I wanted the top of the wall to be level with the ground, and the top is already level with the doorway, which I was hoping to have the ground an inch below. I also want to prevent pooling and have it pitched back just a hair because that's how the natural slope goes.

/ New garage time! #1,227  
One thought. It looks like the picture is of the hole circled in the attached pic. If so, it also looks like some stresses may be applied at the arrow as things move around a bit. That short joist running perpendicular to the other joists to carry the last section of floor may act like a fulcrum during movement?

Attachments

• etIHBMO.jpg
    etIHBMO.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 88
   / New garage time!
#1,228  
I can't get at my dirt pile now due to horrific rain and mud, so I thought I would do some grading and smooth things out. But I didn't want the grading blade to bump into the garage wall. So I came up with an idea so stupid it works.

afIHNpR.jpg

L3VVFUQ.jpg

/ New garage time! #1,229  
(y)(y)

/ New garage time!
#1,230  
Getting the old new holland ready to go. Going now and getting the tiller ready for the garden. It's been a couple years as I've had other things going on.

2 flat tires, no start, didn't even click when I turned the key. Got it into the shop and took about 10 pounds of mice nesting. Found a bad ground. Then a mouse ate the fuel line so I was leaking gas all over the floor.

In the end though, it's ready. Now to dig the tiller out of the other garage and get that sorted. Last I remember the idler pulley fell apart.

NMCmiqHh.jpg

DZgnK5Eh.jpg

L4MaCH0h.jpg

qtvYcNph.jpg

Thar she blows... The last time we met she took one of my toes. She won't win this time.
3EtYrt8h.jpg