NEW GRAPPLE PHOTOS

/ NEW GRAPPLE PHOTOS
Well I have been looking at a grapple, ATVXPRESS on Ebay has the 48" unit for $925 and the 72" for $1250 both are shipping included. I bought my skid steer forks from them and they were real good heavy duty so I know they do sell good stuff.
I just don't know which size to get the 4' only weighs 400lbs and the 6' weighs in at 600 lbs that's only a 200 lbs difference but can you really pick up that much more with the 6' than you can the 4'?
I don't want to sacrifice a larger unit over $325 if it would be a huge advantage, but I also don't want to waist $325 if it really doesn't give me that much advantage!
So what do the experts have to say?

Go to the "Attachments" forum, and there are a ton of post regarding the subject of size of grapples. A large majority agree that smaller is better. In my case, the 48" is perfect. I could have gotten the 60" for less than $200 more, but the 48 will give you more concentrated digging force, get into tighter areas, and will carry just a much as the larger one. I really don't think the slight weight difference will matter that much, unless you're really maxing out your lift capacity.

Randy

/ NEW GRAPPLE PHOTOS #22  
J.J., I just used the rear remotes for the time being. I will be looking at other options in the near future, as I do want to get one of your top n tilt kits for my box blade. That will make me one set of remotes short.

Randy

I believe those tilt kits are made by MtnViewRanch. Contact him for help and installation.

/ NEW GRAPPLE PHOTOS
I believe those tilt kits are made by MtnViewRanch. Contact him for help and installation.
Your right J_J, I realized that just as I posted. You do seem to be the guru of hydraulics, though!

Randy

/ NEW GRAPPLE PHOTOS #24  
rwork said:
Your right J_J, I realized that just as I posted. You do seem to be the guru of hydraulics, though!

Randy

J_J is definitely the go to guy on hydraulics around here.

/ NEW GRAPPLE PHOTOS #25  
That is really cool!

/ NEW GRAPPLE PHOTOS #26  
Did that come from the Craig's listing or direct from palletforks.com?

The Craig's list seems to be the same product. A search on that phone number in the CL listing shows a history of related attachment products.

Thoughts anyone?

/ NEW GRAPPLE PHOTOS
DavidVT said:
Did that come from the Craig's listing or direct from palletforks.com?

The Craig's list seems to be the same product. A search on that phone number in the CL listing shows a history of related attachment products.

Thoughts anyone?

If you are asking me, no, I called palletforks.com, and ordered from Todd. Very helpful, answered all of my questions, and delivered the next day.
Randy

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ NEW GRAPPLE PHOTOS #28  
So now that several months has passed... How are you liking it now? Still happy with your choice? Would you have preferred the 60"? I am getting close to purchasing mine.

/ NEW GRAPPLE PHOTOS
So now that several months has passed... How are you liking it now? Still happy with your choice? Would you have preferred the 60"? I am getting close to purchasing mine.

Yes Mangus, i'm very satisfied with my 48" grapple. I've got a buddy at work who ended up getting the same grapple for his JD, and he loves his as well. His is green, and has the JD pin on attachment. If there was anything I'd change, it would be to add a center tooth. Sometimes, if I'm picking up smaller sticks, they will tend to fall out while tiped down. Now that I've got a new welder, I may do just that. Personally, i would not go any wider than the 48.

/ NEW GRAPPLE PHOTOS #30  
thanks for the info. I will probably purchase the same one then.

I am heavily considering buying a diverter valve from Surplus Center to operate it with. I figure the valve can be mounted close to the right hand loader upright, and I can 'split' the factory hose there.

Surplus Center - 12 VDC 13.2 GPM SAE 8 DOUBLE SELECTOR VALVE