New guys take on pros & cons of 45 HP range of CUT's

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New guys take on pros & cons of 45 HP range of CUT's
So, have you come to a conclusion yet? We all want to know.

Still no conclusion. I'm guessing that it's probably going to be either a MF or a NH. The NH would likely come in at a really great price along with great financing if the dealer can still get the model that I'm looking at. If I can't get the NH model that I'm looking at then I'll see what the MF dealer can do for me. On a whim I did have a Kubota dealer work up a price on a B3030 cab tractor for me as well. That'll come back on Monday. In reality though the price would have to be really great though to even be considered. With 0% for 72 months with NH and MF, I can buy almost $6000 more tractor and still have the same monthly payment that I'm looking at with a Kubota or Deere and their 0% for 60 months. I don't care about making the payments for an extra year on a tractor that I'll have for 20 years or more, so the financing really puts Kubota and Deere at a huge disadvantage. If I go MF, it'll either be the 1643 or the 1652 as there wasn't even $1,000 difference in price between the 1648 and 1652 and I'd rather spend the extra $800 or so and have the second biggest MF tractor in the class. So really, I guess you could say it's all up to the dealers right now. Whoever gives me the best deal will likely get my money, as I'm convinced that I'll be happy with whichever tractor I choose.

/ New guys take on pros & cons of 45 HP range of CUT's #22  
Both the MF and the NH are nice tractors but my nod goes to the NH simply because I have used he DX33 quite a bit at my fathers place. Really like the control lay out and especially the FEL. If the 45ish HP tractor is anything like the 33 you will be in heaven.

The tractor is not my dads but his next door neighbors. I probably use it 10 hours per year doing loader, bush hog, and box blade work. It does not have the grunt my Jinma has but is very user friendly. We get to use the tractor all we want and in return my dad stores a BMW in his 3 car garage for him. He currently only has 1 car so it works out great.

Chris

/ New guys take on pros & cons of 45 HP range of CUT's #23  
Still no conclusion. I'm guessing that it's probably going to be either a MF or a NH. The NH would likely come in at a really great price along with great financing if the dealer can still get the model that I'm looking at. If I can't get the NH model that I'm looking at then I'll see what the MF dealer can do for me. On a whim I did have a Kubota dealer work up a price on a B3030 cab tractor for me as well. That'll come back on Monday. In reality though the price would have to be really great though to even be considered. With 0% for 72 months with NH and MF, I can buy almost $6000 more tractor and still have the same monthly payment that I'm looking at with a Kubota or Deere and their 0% for 60 months. I don't care about making the payments for an extra year on a tractor that I'll have for 20 years or more, so the financing really puts Kubota and Deere at a huge disadvantage. If I go MF, it'll either be the 1643 or the 1652 as there wasn't even $1,000 difference in price between the 1648 and 1652 and I'd rather spend the extra $800 or so and have the second biggest MF tractor in the class. So really, I guess you could say it's all up to the dealers right now. Whoever gives me the best deal will likely get my money, as I'm convinced that I'll be happy with whichever tractor I choose.

Just curious: Is the MF 1648/1652 a rebadged Iseki tractor?

If it is, have no fear of buying. I have a Challenger 285b which is the same as an MF 1547. Both are made by Iseki.

I've learned a bit about Iseki over the last year. A Massey dealer told me they're the 2nd biggest to Kubota in japan for building compact tractor units.
They also build AGCO ST series compacts. The only thing that could be better in mine is the seat in the cab. Kinda plain vinyl. For the price I paid, it was something I could overlook.

/ New guys take on pros & cons of 45 HP range of CUT's
Just curious: Is the MF 1648/1652 a rebadged Iseki tractor?

If it is, have no fear of buying. I have a Challenger 285b which is the same as an MF 1547. Both are made by Iseki.

I've learned a bit about Iseki over the last year. A Massey dealer told me they're the 2nd biggest to Kubota in japan for building compact tractor units.
They also build AGCO ST series compacts. The only thing that could be better in mine is the seat in the cab. Kinda plain vinyl. For the price I paid, it was something I could overlook.

I believe that the 1500 series is the same as the AGCO Challengers and other Iseki tractors. The 1600 series is supposed to be a new series of tractors. They are still made by Iseki I believe ( I know their engines are for sure) but I don't think that they have a non MF equivalent. I have absolutely no problem buying anything made by Iseki. They have a very good reputation and have been making bulletproof engines for Bohlens (and others I'm sure) for years. I'm glad you're happy with your Challenger, it is always reassuring to hear positive reviews on a piece of equipment before spending the money yourself. I have a feeling that I'll be enjoying your Challenger's cousin myself in the not too distant future.

/ New guys take on pros & cons of 45 HP range of CUT's #25  
I believe that the 1500 series is the same as the AGCO Challengers and other Iseki tractors. The 1600 series is supposed to be a new series of tractors. They are still made by Iseki I believe ( I know their engines are for sure) but I don't think that they have a non MF equivalent. I have absolutely no problem buying anything made by Iseki. They have a very good reputation and have been making bulletproof engines for Bohlens (and others I'm sure) for years. I'm glad you're happy with your Challenger, it is always reassuring to hear positive reviews on a piece of equipment before spending the money yourself. I have a feeling that I'll be enjoying your Challenger's cousin myself in the not too distant future.

Thanks. So far so good. Runs a 90" harley rake like it's not even back there. 3pt seems plenty strong. One thing I like about Kubota over mine is the twin rams on the rockshaft. Mine only has one. You will prolly want to fill the tires if you're doing serious loader work or need traction like me.

Iseki makes their own brand of tractors, but they never sold well in the US.

Thought I'd throw a picture in the post:

/ New guys take on pros & cons of 45 HP range of CUT's #26  
Nice. How does the AC/Heat perform? Do you have any more action shots??

:)

Thanks. So far so good. Runs a 90" harley rake like it's not even back there. 3pt seems plenty strong. One thing I like about Kubota over mine is the twin rams on the rockshaft. Mine only has one. You will prolly want to fill the tires if you're doing serious loader work or need traction like me.

Iseki makes their own brand of tractors, but they never sold well in the US.

Thought I'd throw a picture in the post:

/ New guys take on pros & cons of 45 HP range of CUT's #27  
Cons: Whoever had the idea of putting the hydro pedal and steering brakes on the same side of the tractor should be shot,

I have to say in the last 12 years I have owned 4 Kubota's, all with the brake and hydro pedals on the same side and I can honestly say, I have never even used the brakes except to set the parking brake occasionally.

I 100% agree! I have two HST units with that pedal configuration, and bigger tractors with with a standard shift. It's never been the slightest problem for me (other than very rarely wanting to use split brakes for turning). OTOH, it would be really, really scary to move the brake pedal around from one tractor to another! I can just imagine shoving my left foot down to push in the clutch and connect with a brake pedal instead! Or needing to hit the brakes in a hurry and getting the clutch instead :eek:

I'm willing to give up the split braking, I find it's rarely needed on a small tractor.

I also agree that 45 hp may be more than you really want for 6 acres. When I used to mow 10 acres of grass, a 27 hp tractor did the job just fine. The 45 hp tractor was used for heavy dirt moving, digging drainage ditches, etc. Remember, a 45 hp tractor will be heavier and will tear up the ground when it is soft.

Frankly if I could afford to do so I'd probably buy a 75 HP cab tractor with a 15 ft. batwing mower to get done in the least amount of time but I absolutely cannot justify that expense

You would NOT get it done in the least amount of time. I have a 90 hp tractor with a 15' batwing. It's wonderful for larger areas, but it would take longer for smaller areas than something more appropriate. It's like trying to maneuver a 53' semi in a walmart parking lot.

Ken

/ New guys take on pros & cons of 45 HP range of CUT's #29  
Builder, you have one nice tractor but an even nicer piece of property. I really like the house. thanks for the pictures.
Brian

/ New guys take on pros & cons of 45 HP range of CUT's #30  
Builder, you have one nice tractor but an even nicer piece of property. I really like the house. thanks for the pictures.
Brian

Thanks, but it's not mine. I built 3 additions on it, roof, 40 new windows, etc. for a Customer then did the rainwater retention system last in those pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.