New Holand seat platform broken

/ New Holand seat platform broken #1  

landinpoland

Tractor
Hew Holland
I have a New Holland TZD25. The seat platform [ fender as per the owners manual ] is cracking all around where the seat track bolts on. Anyone have this problem ? Thinking of welding because a replacement is $1600

/ New Holand seat platform broken #2  
Fine so long as you have the skill and the correct welder. it's lighter gage metal so you need a MIG, preferably one with shielding gas and low enough amperage so as not to burn through. Conventional SMAW (stick welding) will be impossible as the material is too thin and you'll burn through and proper prep is paramount as in removal of all the paint around the cracks (on both sides) and cleaning of all dirt and crud too.

You could also gas weld it (oxy-acetylene) if you have that or even TIG it if you have a TIG machine.

/ New Holand seat platform broken #3  
The seat base defect was a common problem on the TZ models during that time period and may have been a recall issue through NH at one time. There may be a dealer supplied kit to address the problem and it was a weld on plate. I believe it was discussed in an earlier thread on TBN.

/ New Holand seat platform broken #4  
Finally had time to find the above thread- Calling all TZ24DA & TZ18DA owners...

Also found the part #s for their bolt on reinforcements (about $160 total).

SBA355790121
SBA355790150
SBA355790170

See what you think of the parts, but if you are a capable welder, you can probably do better. good luck

/ New Holand seat platform broken
Thanks for the info I will defiantly look and order .