New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #71  
Or put one sensor in the exhaust (high) and one on a blank mount on the pipe at atmospheric pressure (low)

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #72  
So I googled a bit and it does appear to be between 1-5 volts for the signal on other DPF pressure sensors.
If anyone who has a DPF that is functioning normal can you pull the voltage on the signal for a normal functioning DPF?
In an ideal world I'd put in a resister on the signal and have use the of actual factory throttle.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #73  
New to the forum, I have the Workmaster 37, 2016, that does the auto regen every 4 hours, and normally it takes 30-40 minutes for a cycle.

Lately I have an issue with the dpf regeneration cycle. For the last couple of times the regeneration cycle ran more or less for an hour and a half, but completed successfully.
During these cycles, at the start, the Regen and Temperature lights will be ON, but for most part the Temp light will go OFF and a steady Engine Warning & the Regen will be ON, after some time the Engine Warning light will be OFF while the steady Temp light will be ON, this change of lights will go on few times and finally with the accumulated time of approximately 40 minutes of the Temperature light ON, the regeneration cycle will be completed.

But the last time, the cycle started and kept running for two and a half hour, with the above mentioned lights alternating, but this time the Temp light will be ON for a minute or two at a time, and the regen cycle never got finished. After 2.5 hours, the Regen light started the 2 seconds flashing, with steady Engine Warning light ON. I gave up waiting that long stopped the engine after burning half tank of fuel.

From this, I am suspecting a faulty temperature sensor.

My question now is, Can I do the DPF delete at this stage without replacing the sensors, OR I need to seek the dealership’s help to replace the sensors, clear any code and then dare to delete the DPF?

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #74  
I'm having the same issue on a 2019 Workmaster 50. How can I force a regen? or what needs to be cleaned?
Have a Workmaster 50 made in 2015. Everything is automatic with no intervention from operator.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #75  
You don't have to worry about sensors tractor does not need them to run after delete.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #76  
You don't have to worry about sensors tractor does not need them to run after delete.
Thanks.
I have few more questions before I jump into attempting the delete.
- Do I disconnect the battery before modifying the black & white wires, or just taking the ignition key off will be enough
- Before delete, when key is off, does the ECU get a constant power? and will it continue to get that power after delete the same way, OR is the ECU normally off when the key is off and the deleting is not interfering that circuit?
- After delete, do you still see the hours of operation going up normally, Coolant temperature, fuel level, engine rpm pointers moving, PTO indicator lite on when PTO is operational, etc.
- After delete, Do you still have other sensor lites functioning and indicators like, oil pressure, glow plug,etc, working as before?
- What throttle cable did you use.
- Finally, in your earlier reply in February you had mentioned that you have used four tanks of fuel since the delete, it is October now and how is your experience since and do you have any advice to add.

Thanks to you and others who have shared their experience here.

Cheers.

Last edited:
   / New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #77  
Disconnecting the battery before starting is a good idea.

I dont know if ECU gets constant power. Nothing changes except power to the injection pump solenoid.

All functions work like there suppose to after delete.

I used a random throttle cable my friend had in his shop. Foot throttle is obsolete, cable will be run to hand throttle.

I have put over three hundred hours on the tractor since then and have had zero problems.

Last edited:
   / New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #79  
Disconnecting the battery before starting is a good idea.

I dont know if ECU gets constant power. Nothing changes except power to the injection pump solenoid.

All functions work like there suppose to after delete.

I used a random throttle cable my friend had in his shop. Foot throttle is obsolete, cable will be run to hand throttle.

I have put over three hundred hours on the tractor since then and have had zero problems with tractor.
Thank you very much for the details.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #80  
My question now is, Can I do the DPF delete at this stage without replacing the sensors, OR I need to seek the dealership’s help to replace the sensors, clear any code and then dare to delete the DPF?
Yes you can this was the case with my tractor. It is a very easy job to do not very daring.