New Holland Boomer 8n

/ New Holland Boomer 8n #51  
Great looking tractor. I just wonder what a loader is going to look like on it.

/ New Holland Boomer 8n
   / New Holland Boomer 8n #54  
I have read some on the CVT, and am wondering what the advantages are over an HST. Are they going to be able to transmit more power, and therefore make a larger HP tractor with the variable speed transmission? Is it more efficient? I guess it does not have the charge pump.

It doesn't seem like it would be cheaper, and the electronic control aspect of it seems less robust than the mechanical version now used on the HST's.

Just wondering??

Chris

/ New Holland Boomer 8n
I have read some on the CVT, and am wondering what the advantages are over an HST. Are they going to be able to transmit more power, and therefore make a larger HP tractor with the variable speed transmission? Is it more efficient? I guess it does not have the charge pump.

It doesn't seem like it would be cheaper, and the electronic control aspect of it seems less robust than the mechanical version now used on the HST's.

Just wondering??

Chris

From what I understand you gain the advantages of the gear tranny and the hydro tranny without the disadvantages. The main advantage over the hydro is you don't lose the horse power from the pump.

I would not be worried about this being able to hold up. CVT trannys have been used on tractors up to 300 hp for a while now but you will not find a hydro tranny on tractors that size. The CVT is great in tillage, spraying, haying or anything else you can think of which is why so many people want it.

/ New Holland Boomer 8n #56  
That is a good looking tractor... I cant wait to see one up close...

After growing up using a '49 8N that hadnt been under cover for any of its life, I glad to see what it looked like from the factory.

Brian

/ New Holland Boomer 8n
That is a good looking tractor... I cant wait to see one up close...

After growing up using a '49 8N that hadnt been under cover for any of its life, I glad to see what it looked like from the factory.

Brian

A lot of people will say looks don't sell a tractor but I know New Holland is going to sell a lot of these machines because of looks. It is a good tractor underneath the paint anyway but the design and colors are going to find all the people who grew up around the original n series tractors. You can now buy a modern version of it and while it has more chrome then I think is needed I know most people buying these type tractors take great care of them anyway. I am curious what the price will be compared to the blue version.

/ New Holland Boomer 8n #58  
Reminds me of a resturant I went to years ago. No prices on the menu, but we were told about the resturant by our Preacher. Figured when we got the bill, if we couldn't afford it, then we were paying our Preacher too much money.

If you gotta ask the price, then you can't afford it... is the attitude that this tractor might want to radiate, but with todays economy it might run into a few problems in that area.
Sure be glad when one of you buys one so we can at least hear how it is and how everything holds up, and just how hard it is to wax???

David from jax

/ New Holland Boomer 8n #59  
Reminds me of a resturant I went to years ago. No prices on the menu, but we were told about the resturant by our Preacher. Figured when we got the bill, if we couldn't afford it, then we were paying our Preacher too much money.

If you gotta ask the price, then you can't afford it... is the attitude that this tractor might want to radiate, but with todays economy it might run into a few problems in that area.
Sure be glad when one of you buys one so we can at least hear how it is and how everything holds up, and just how hard it is to wax???

David from jax

Well said. IVT/CVT = $$$$