Comparison New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #11  
When did John Deere move production of their small utility tractors to America? Last I knew they were made overseas in Europe.

As for the TN and tranny problems, I have not heard of any. What exactly "blew"? How many hours does your machine have on it and what transmission does it have? Does it have a loader? What are the main tasks you did with your TN?

From my experience with TN's, the engine and tranny are very solid. The only problems I have are small minor issues like the NSS and the stabilizing arms on the TN-F's that are mostly annoying and not really a problem.

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #12  
I hadn't noticed the "America" issue but I think you're right that a 5325 is made in Europe; at the least, its engine comes from there. The 5105 and 5205 were made in the US (but discontinued for now; a replacement is likely soon) and the 5103 series is made in India, except the brand new 5603 is a totally different tractor from the 5103-5403 and I think will be US made.

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #13  
Z, post 4 makes reference to one of the reason's why he wants a John Deere is that it is American made.

"The 5325 is also made in America, not Italy like the TN65 & TN75"

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #14  
I know nothing about the other Brands (Deere or the Bota).

But what are you doing that the 55 is to light? It would be a great bush hog type machine, and definetly has a better turn radius than the TN and other tractors that I have driven of it's size. Which is why I bought it initially to use the FEL to help clear fallen trees (couple acres worth) and at the same time be able to drag the horse arena with the jumps set up. Tight turns necessary and it gets the job done.

My brother uses it to disc some major size fields. It will do it, not quite as nicely as the larger 80 something horse JD, that he has at the farm. But when he has a buddy coming out to help he borrows mine so they can do twice as much. He mainly grumbles about no cab and all the BLEEP dust.

Just curious about hte why on the 55.... Obviously you'll get what works for you.

Personally if I were in your shoes.... Have you looked at trying to elimante the dust/seed clogging issue on the Kubota. Sometiems a few hundred dollars can do wonders to re-engineer something for your enviroment.

Just a thought.... and there are some creative fella here, if you post pic's of the problem in the Customization section you may get a brainstorm to help solve it....

Oh well, Good Luck.

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #15  
meledward23 said:
Personally if I were in your shoes.... Have you looked at trying to elimante the dust/seed clogging issue on the Kubota. Sometiems a few hundred dollars can do wonders to re-engineer something for your enviroment.

I'm still puzzled by this, but one idea that comes to mind is having a "reverse flow" cooling fan setup like is used on logging feller-bunchers which deal with tons of debris and sawdust. There has to be some way to keep your radiator working in any conditions that you personally are willing to work in.

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325
My Farm consists of a 110 acre beef division and a 40 acre vegetable division. We have 6 full time farmers (2 farmers, 4 interns) working on the vegetable division and they use the TN75. On our beef division we have a CT332 John Deere and a Kubota 4630. The point of getting a John Deere 5325 is to have a tractor that is similar to the TN75 in terms of wheel spacing so that the it can be used in a situation where the TN75 breaks down, but also be used for the same purposes that the Kubota 4630 is used for. I use the Kubota 4630 primarily for mowing and spraying trees in an orchard and am wondering really if a John Deere 5325 would be a good replacement. I'm sorry for not asking very direct questions, I'm just wondering whether people have had experience with the machine and whether they found it to be a good machine. Also, is it made in America? Everything I've read says it is made in Augusta, Georgia, as opposed to other machines like the New Holland Boomer series which are "assembled" in Georgia. As for the overheating Kubota 4630, I believe the radiator is simply undersized for the engine. I have never had an overheating problem with the TN75, and the TN75 radiator does not generally get clogged.

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #17  
Unless Deere changed things recently, the utility tractors like the 5325 are made in Europe. I think the 6000 series is also. The 7000 series are made in the USA. The compacts I am not sure but I think they are assembled in the USA with parts from the USA and overseas. It all depends on how many of the parts come from the US of A as to if they can say "Made in USA".

Any word on what "blew" on your TN? How many hours are on it and are the farmers who are running your place treating the machine like they own it or you own it. You can ruin any tractor if the operators don't care as you see it every day in the vegetable farms.

Speaking of veggie farms, the guys up here run New Holland TB mudders in the veggie fields. It was kind of fun seeing 4 new TB mudders lined up at the NH dealer waiting to be delivered.

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #18  
I can not speak directly from experience with the 5325, but have owned a 4120 made at the same Augusta Ga. factory the last 1.5 years. I would rate the overall build quality as excellent and after just under 200 hours, there have been no problems of any kind with the machine. I believe it outspecs most of the competition in this class and I got it cheaper than I could get a similar NH or Kubota. Like yourself, country of origin is important to me. All tractors, mine and the 5325 included, contain foriegn parts and that is the cost of staying in business these days. We started with real horsepower (percherons) on this farm 5 generations ago, and have had tractors of many colors through the years, starting with a 1950 JD M purchased new. The only thing they had in common was that they were all made in USA. I am glad JD allowed me to continue this proud family tradition and did not require taking a hit in quality or cost to do so. I can't say if my 4120 will still be around in 55 years, but we still use that old M for some light tasks around here so I feel the chances are pretty good.

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #19  
candersen10 said:
***The point of getting a John Deere 5325 is to have a tractor that is similar to the TN75 in terms of wheel spacing so that the it can be used in a situation where the TN75 breaks down, but also be used for the same purposes that the Kubota 4630 is used for. I use the Kubota 4630 primarily for mowing and spraying trees in an orchard and am wondering really if a John Deere 5325 would be a good replacement. I'm sorry for not asking very direct questions, I'm just wondering whether people have had experience with the machine and whether they found it to be a good machine. Also, is it made in America? Everything I've read says it is made in Augusta, Georgia, as opposed to other machines like the New Holland Boomer series which are "assembled" in Georgia. As for the overheating Kubota 4630, I believe the radiator is simply undersized for the engine. I have never had an overheating problem with the TN75, and the TN75 radiator does not generally get clogged.

I think the 5325 would do exactly what you're saying you want it for, at least on the TN replacement side. It would be a bit large going through an orchard - probably too large, but it depends on your orchard.

I had thought the 5325 was made in Europe, but both the Deere website and the test report of the Nebraska test lab indicate it is made in Georgia:

Product Specification for 5325 Utility Tractor (67 hp)

TTL test reports/JD Deere

Maybe a good Deere dealer can clarify where it is made. They are definitely very nice tractors, so if you want one, go get one! I have a 2006 JD 5105 assembled in Georgia (parts from all over, I assume) and it is very well made.

At the same time, while I like buying US-made stuff, that alone won't make my decision for me if quality/value points another direction. All stuff has some foreign components, and if it's sold in the US it has some level of US involvement (even if it's just the distributor and the assembly of the parts out a crate).

I would still try to find some way to get the Kubota working right - start with the dealer, go up to corporate if you have to, and if no luck there, either sell it used and replace it or just try a new radiator on your own.

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #20  
I'm also puzzled by the Kubota 4630 overheating. I have a 4630, though it's not hydro, it's the shuttle shift (forget the official name), but it has a cab with AC, which should make it run hotter. I use a 6 foot brush hog with it, and my farm has a lot of steep hills. My 4630 has never even run hot, much less overheated. Something is wrong with this picture. The 4630 shouldn't be overheating. Have you asked the dealer about that? Something is wrong.