Comparison New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325
By overheating I mean that it runs around 7 out of the 8 bars on the heat indicator. Ocassionally it will run all the way up to 8 bars somewhat rapidly. Obviously I am very careful to turn the machine off immediately when this occurs and I will let it sit for at least five or ten minutes before turning it back on again. This overheating has been occurring most recently while running the machine with a 6 foot landpride mower in around 1.5 foot tall grass in medium range going about 5 miles an hour. The one field I have to mow is around 45 acres and the outside is 1.1 miles around the entire field. With a 6 foot mower this takes about 2 days to mow so the extended period of running the tractor at 2500 rpm/540 PTO rpm certainly contributes to it's overheating. In Comparison, the TN75, obviously a more powerful machine, runs with the H/C temp needle no higher than the very middle of the range. It is also much smoother to run on rough ground because it is heavier. Ultimately, I think the problem is just that the Kubota 4630 is too small for my purposes. As for the TN75 transmission problem, the dealer can't look at it until Tuesday so we'll see what exactly happened to it then. It has the syncro-command 8 by 8 transmission with the power-reverser. The people operating it are very careful not to abuse it so I'm sure that's not the cause of the problem.

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #22  
Let hope the Tn tranny isn't truly blown. If all your getting is some error codes quite ofter they just need to reprogram the computer.

Andy

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #23  
That's definitely overheating, but that task should be easily within the capability of the L4630. The only hesitation I have is that 5mph may be just slightly quick for that setup, but not by much. Does this still happen at 4-4.5mph? I think there is something wrong with either the tractor or the mower. Check for gearbox oil and grease in the fittings on the mower. If those are good, get the tractor looked at.

candersen10 said:
It is also much smoother to run on rough ground because it is heavier.

I think you'll find that the weight is not the help but instead the larger diameter tires and the longer wheelbase are making all the difference. But both of those largely follow size and weight. In either case, a 5325 would be quite similar to the TN75 in this respect.

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #24  
candersen10 said:
Ocassionally it will run all the way up to 8 bars somewhat rapidly. Obviously I am very careful to turn the machine off immediately when this occurs and I will let it sit for at least five or ten minutes before turning it back on again. .

DON'T DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the worst possible course of action.

Diesels cold idle, meaning they lose heat at idle
When it overheats, stop the tractor, kill the PTO and bring it down to idle and
let it idle til it cools down.
a. it will cool down faster
b. it won't leave hot oil and anti-freeze in spots to boil off.
c. it will cool down the whole motor not just one part

Either your radiator is blocked or it's working way too hard.

When you start the TN75, it will not move and there is a loud sound, complemented every couple of seconds by something heavy crashing against the transmission tunnel. I assume that this is transmission related but perhaps I am wrong. I do not know enough to speculate too much more about what is wrong with the machine. As for the Kubota 4630, I must assume that it is simply too small for my needs. Based off of the John Deere 5325 that I have looked at, it seems like a much nicer machine to run all day, plus I could run a 10 foot mower on the back rather than a 6 footer, which would certainly reduce the time I spend mowing.

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #26  
When I do a lot of mowing in the summer with my 45 hp tractor I take the side panels off to allow more air flow through the engine. Not sure if you could do that with the 4630. I also am in about every two hours and use the air compressor to blow everything off the radiator and engine and clean the air filter quite often. I run with the AC on and have never had any overheating problems, either me or the tractor!!

I generally work full days with the machine, taking the occasional break for food. I think that the kubota is just not up to working for such long stretches in high heat and with a heavy 6 foot rotary mower. The TN75 will run all day at 2500 rpm/540 pto rpm in 95 degree weather with no problem.

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #28  
My Mahindra was constantly overheating and I had to constantly clean the radiator and would have sworn that it was clean and unclogged. I was ready to trade and tried one last thing. I went to an appliance parts place and got an aerosol can of air conditioner coil cleaner (the foaming kind) and sprayed the radiator from both sides and let it sit and then sprayed it with a pressure washer. I used it two days ago in 89 degree weather and it never got above 1/3 on the guage.

Wow, that sounds like a terrific idea. At this point the selling point of getting a larger tractor is simply that I need more power. Obviously, with fuel prices going up steadily, this sounds like a dangerous statement. But I feel that I need a 10 foot mower and a tractor that will pull it adequately. The TN75 would do this but it is not always available. Here is my farm website if anyone is interested: Charlestown Farm Center

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #30  
The official wording from the spin doctors at Deere about the GA tractors is: Assembled in the USA from parts sourced world-wide.