New Impact Wrench

/ New Impact Wrench #21  
I bought this one a few years ago after searching a while, mainly for properly torquing the brush hog blades on. It was highly recommended at the time.
I don't use it with the Impact wrench, just a larger breaker bar.

/ New Impact Wrench #22  
I have always said to myself. If you aren't in the business that needs the very best, the the cost of adequate products is good enough for the every day homeowner. Several years ago, I purchased two impact wrenches, one a 1/2 inch anvil small 24V kobalt, and the large 24V Kobalt 1/2 inch impact. The small one can has up to 225 ft lbs of force, and the large has up to 650lbs. The small one can take the lugs off all my wheels on my Tundra, and replace them. numerous time. If the little one can't do the job, I have yet to see the lug or nut the large one doesn't. I have a total of $200 in both impact wrench's. If someone wants to blow an additional $400 on a single impact wrench, that my kobalt can do just as well, then go blow your dollars. I see it a foolish.

/ New Impact Wrench #23  
I have always said to myself. If you aren't in the business that needs the very best, the the cost of adequate products is good enough for the every day homeowner. Several years ago, I purchased two impact wrenches, one a 1/2 inch anvil small 24V kobalt, and the large 24V Kobalt 1/2 inch impact. The small one can has up to 225 ft lbs of force, and the large has up to 650lbs. The small one can take the lugs off all my wheels on my Tundra, and replace them. numerous time. If the little one can't do the job, I have yet to see the lug or nut the large one doesn't. I have a total of $200 in both impact wrench's. If someone wants to blow an additional $400 on a single impact wrench, that my kobalt can do just as well, then go blow your dollars. I see it a foolish.
maximum left hand torque for me is paramount and no battery powered wrench can dismount the lug nuts on 10 hole Budd wheels or corroded on dome head plow bolts on snowplow cutting edges unless you are willing to spend around a grand on a Milwaukee ultra torque Li-Ion wrench. Both my Thor as well as my IR 1" drive cost appreciably less together than the Milwaukee, but then I have the compressor to run them as well. I own a couple cheap impacts that never come out of the tool chest drawer. If anyone wants them, I'll be happy to send them to you, you just pay the postage as I have no use for them.

/ New Impact Wrench #24  
How much have you used a $600 impact wrench?

/ New Impact Wrench #25  
I’ve had a Dewalt 899 forever and when I saw the Dewalt 900 on sale I bought it and sold the 899 to a family member. Either one of those will do most jobs you’ll encounter around pickups or tractors. The one job that might be lacking is bushhog bushhog blades. I’d like to get a Milwaukee 1” drive one but I’m cheap and I’ve not bought one. Usually when my 900 lets me down I end up with a large cheater pipe and pushing on it with a skid steer or excavator if it’s really stubborn.

Last edited:
   / New Impact Wrench #26  
Which one?
There are several which claim about that amount of torque or more and different web sites report numbers around that.
I had needed a high impact and I'm invested in DeWalt 20V/flexvolt. So last summer I bought the DCF900 (w/5AH batt, charger and case) IMMEDIATELY when it went on sale for $200. No Analysis, just slam the credit card down.
Now after I got it I'm also wanting a mid-range, the 900 is heavy after a bit of use and I usually don't need THAT much torque, most of my use I got by with my 887. But that didn't even cut it with bolts on the truck tires. :)

I have a mid range and I hardly ever use it. My 3/8 atomic series will do almost as much as the mid range in a much lighter and more compact package. Usually if the 3/8” isn’t getting it done I go straight for the 900.

/ New Impact Wrench #27  
I bought a 20v Dewalt DCF900P1 black Friday sale.
1030 ft/lbs fastening torque
1400 ft/lbs loosening torque.
A little heavy but strong

/ New Impact Wrench #28  
I cheaped out $100 bought a 18v Ryobi 1/2 " with 275 ft pounds torque. If that don't do it's a 3/4 drive breaker bar and pipe extension. I have lots of ryobi 18v batteries, all my battery tools use the same battery. An old habit from my construction days

/ New Impact Wrench #29  
My Thor was 300 bucks and the IR was 400 delivered btw. Of course both require serious CFM air delivery bit I have that in spades at 35 cfm at i40 psi and high delivery air lines and fittings as well. No breaker bar required and no torque multiplier needed either. I do use a 3/4" drive clicker torque wrench for tightening the nuts, especially on 10 hole Bud style wheels, especially the aluminum Buds and you will never break the nuts on a shredder without an ultra torque wrench, don't even try. Takes some impact sockets with meat too. I use the good old HF black oxide impact sockets that HF sells cheap and never split one yet. I've split Snap-On, SK Wayne, MAC and Proto before. Busted a few extensions as well and I only use pinned universals, not splined, I twist the spined ones immediately. HF to the rescue again (ICON).

/ New Impact Wrench #30  
My Thor was 300 bucks and the IR was 400 delivered btw. Of course both require serious CFM air delivery bit I have that in spades at 35 cfm at i40 psi and high delivery air lines and fittings as well. No breaker bar required and no torque multiplier needed either.
And my Dewalt 20v with similar torque ratings to your Thor was under $300 delivered, I can throw it in my truck and take it with me.