Buying Advice New JD models

/ New JD models #41  
Steve, you will definitely be pleased with the X749 in your current lineup.

/ New JD models #42  
great so now do I hold off on the 3720

Robert,
I think the 3720 will work for you and handle the foodplots, mowing and other jobs you have. Are you getting a cab tractor or open station? My vote would be Cab.

My real choice would be the 4520 with 400CX fel, 681 tiller and MX6 but were talking more money. The 4x20 series have a wider stance and handle the slopes better than the 3x20 series tractors.

Cabs are the same on both tractors but the wheels are larger on the 4x20 so that the overall width is about a foot wider.

/ New JD models #43  
Steve, you will definitely be pleased with the X749 in your current lineup.

arrabil,
I am getting closer to deciding, so far the all wheel steering is winning out over the 7 iron deck. Manueverability and 4wd are both important in mountainous terrain.

/ New JD models #44  
arrabil,
I am getting closer to deciding, so far the all wheel steering is winning out over the 7 iron deck. Manueverability and 4wd are both important in mountainous terrain.

It's big bucks, isn't it?

/ New JD models #46  
I think it is big bucks for a lawn mower/psuedo tractor.:)

Funny you should mention that, years ago I went to a dealer to get a beefy do-all+mower and he pointed me to the, just introduced, 2305!

Rob

/ New JD models #47  
Mmmmmmmm... I like pickles. Crunchy, spicy dills for me please! :D

From my understanding, the 2305 is the only CUT that has been redesigned for 2011. I have not seen or heard anything regarding major changes to the 2x20, 3x20 or 4x20 series of tractors. I don't know how long you want to (or can) wait, but very late 2010, very early 2011 would be the first we "could" see a new 2x20 - but again I have no information that says that will be the case. Wish I could be more help!

Yes, the 2305 will have TWO replacements. Call them "standard" and "premium" models if you will. These new models are just that - NEW. It is not just a re-badged 2305 with folding ROPS - not at all. I think most will be very happy with the end result, once they finally come out... As far as position control goes, my personal feeling is that we will NOT see it on these units - otherwise why would you go up to a 2320?

You might look back through this entire post, but it doesn't look like the 2520 will be redone this year. The 2305 that is being replaced is smaller so it doesn't compare with what you are looking at. If you like the 2520 and can get a good deal it proabaly isn't worth waiting. Just my 2 cents.

/ New JD models #48  
arrabil,
Thats my thinking too. I have had zero problems with the 54c deck and expect the same would be true of the 62c. And when you use it for a dedicated mower, saving five-ten minutes time to remove the deck once a year really doesn't matter.

/ New JD models #49  
Thats my thinking too. I have had zero problems with the 54c deck and expect the same would be true of the 62c. And when you use it for a dedicated mower, saving five-ten minutes time to remove the deck once a year really doesn't matter.

Yeah I am not concerned with deck removal, I deal with lots of heavier stuff all the time in my work. I am thinking to go with the 54" deck too. If I had room for a five foot wide deck I would move up in size. The whole purpose in having the smaller unit is to go where the tractors can't go. My 820 is around 5 ft wide, so it fits in some places the 110 and 4520 won't go. So much for assorted sizes.

/ New JD models #50  
You guys may be right I guess the truth is I can't see enough difference between all these models in my mind. Why someone would agonize over the difference between a 2320, 2520 or 2720 is hard for me to understand.

What I would prefer to see is better attachment configurations for a more limited tractor lineup. For those who want the mmm for instances this should be available with the 7 iron deck on the 2xxx series. These tractors are lawn maintenance size machines and are not cut out to handle heavy tasks but could benefit by having better mowing decks for the smaller parcels most people have today.

I am hoping that if I add an X749 to the existing 110 and 4520 that I won't have a need for either a 2xxx or 3xxx tractor. Nor do I really need the older 820 canopy either.

THe one combination you all missed for some reason is. Dump the 2520 and lower the price of the 2720 to about halfway between it's selling price now and the the 2520 and give the 2320 a hydraulic upgrade to 2 pumps to get faster hydraulics and maybe bump the hp 1 or 2. I think the 2320 has a place due to it being smaller than it's 25/27 series brothers and the 25 and 27 are basically identical machines so dump the 2520 to make a bigger gap between the 2320 and the 2720. I haven't found anything yet in 2 years the 2320 can't do but faster hydraulics would be nice.