Buying Advice New JD models

/ New JD models #51  
I saw a new model on the Deere lot a few weeks ago. It was gone when I had time to stop. It was a big tractor and the ROPS was in front of the steering wheel. JC

/ New JD models #52  

Attachments

• Deere A and F.jpg
    Deere A and F.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 201
   / New JD models #53  
THe one combination you all missed for some reason is. Dump the 2520 and lower the price of the 2720 to about halfway between it's selling price now and the the 2520 and give the 2320 a hydraulic upgrade to 2 pumps to get faster hydraulics and maybe bump the hp 1 or 2. I think the 2320 has a place due to it being smaller than it's 25/27 series brothers and the 25 and 27 are basically identical machines so dump the 2520 to make a bigger gap between the 2320 and the 2720. I haven't found anything yet in 2 years the 2320 can't do but faster hydraulics would be nice.

Aren't we assuming that Deere wants to have a large gap between models? maybe they have a reason for the model set up?
Rob

/ New JD models #54  
Aren't we assuming that Deere wants to have a large gap between models? maybe they have a reason for the model set up?
Rob

I kinda think that they were on the right track with the 4x00 and 4x10 series machines because they had all the models spaced out enough to where you either got one or the other, not the same machine in the whole series with different hp but most all different in hp and even frame size. The model numbers were easy to remember since they all were in the same series and they all were different tractors. Compare the 4410 and 4510, two different machines with a gap for hp and frame size. a good example is now with the 3320 and 3520, you dont get the benefit of the "larger" tractor since the only change in it is the hp. You get the same frame and every thing else thats on the 3320.

/ New JD models #55  
I kinda think that they were on the right track with the 4x00 and 4x10 series machines because they had all the models spaced out enough to where you either got one or the other, not the same machine in the whole series with different hp but most all different in hp and even frame size. The model numbers were easy to remember since they all were in the same series and they all were different tractors. Compare the 4410 and 4510, two different machines with a gap for hp and frame size. a good example is now with the 3320 and 3520, you dont get the benefit of the "larger" tractor since the only change in it is the hp. You get the same frame and every thing else thats on the 3320.

That's one reason I bought the 3320. I get everything but the extra HP which I don't feel I need....... at this point. Maybe in three years I might have a different idea. Do I go with the 4x20 series? We'll see.

/ New JD models #57  
Wow, tilt steering wheel too. Deere sure has improved the 10xx series. I like how the deck height gauge is on the side. Very good idea. And look at how easy it is to hook up the FEL. Very nice job. :thumbsup:

/ New JD models #58  
wow, 1026r, 26 hp, auto connect/ drive over mmm, rear implement connect like larger models.
with my older tractors, just hated getting under to connect mmm drive shaft, wanted removable fel bucket for forks, liked the JD rear implement quick connect, but didn't want to get that large of a tractor.
rear tires look like wider bar/ turf which I had on a B1750, great traction in snow.
Impressed.

/ New JD models #59  
Well it looks like we are getting several of our wishes with the 1026 R. Wondering what it has that the 1023 D will not. I see no need to contine the 2320 with this machine, and hopefully this will not cost as much at the 2320. Even if it does it will still probably sell well. I think that the cost of the drive over deck with autoconnect is going to jack the price quite a bit. Still wondering if there will be deck options or just the drive over. Maybe that will be one of the differences in between the 1023 and 1026. I really think a suspended deck is what I need and the drive over deck appears in the video to be a floating deck. It does however have a deck height control knob so we'll see which type of deck it is when more information is published.

I personally would rather have one of these instead of a 2000 series because I think it will be more stable on slopes.

Some of my wishes have come true:

I noticed in the video that the little hood ornament stays. Yea!!

Very happy about position control. This will make a big difference with any type of ground engaging attachement.

Throttle appears to be up on the instrument panel and not sticking through the side of the cowl.

Can't tell if the headlights are sealed or not to keep out dust. Crossing my fingers..

Folding ROPS. What more can I say except its about time.

I noticed on another forum that people were really excited about the quik park loader. Wasn't this already available on the 2305? I am also pretty sure the quiktatch for implements was also avalible for the 2305.

The lighting package is cool. Using a loader after dark is killer without extra lights.

The video didn't mention the independent deck lift, but it has been reported that it will have it.

Hoping the specs don't disappoint when they are released. I want to know about hydraulic flow and loader capacity.

Now, I just need to figure out how to get a brush or root grapple for it!!

/ New JD models #60  
Some of my wishes have come true:

I noticed in the video that the little hood ornament stays. Yea!!

DUH! If I wanted a hood ornament I would buy a Kubota! :) :)