New kioti or used?

/ New kioti or used? #21  
Bullitt, mtnv, can you recommend a few? Everything attachments? Or others. If I could finda used one close idchave no problem picking one up.

Just my opinion here, but the ideal width for your tractor is 66". These are hard to find, but if you can, that width would serve you best IMO. I would go with a 60" wide unit before a 72" box, but many TBNers say that they have good luck with 72" unit. I prefer to have the tractor work the implement vs the implement working the tractor. Now this is not to say that I want a smaller lighter implement. The ideal situation is to get an implement that is big-heavy-strong enough to get work done and can be used to it's fullest capacity while taxing the tractor vs having a bigger implement that the tractor can only rarely use to it's capacity.

I would not get any box blade that weighs less than 600lbs and an 800lb box would be better. Look at boxes that have a minimum of 3/8" thick sides. I can't really help out with any brand names, there are many that have light, medium & heavy duty units. I am pretty sure that ANY Gannon of the right width would be fine, but that most likely would be a used unit. Don't be afraid of a swinging rear blade on the box either, can actually be a benefit when used properly.

Good luck ;)

/ New kioti or used? #22  
I think a 66" would be good for your tractor but it will handle a 72." A 66 is wide enough to cut the tire tracks. Something like a bush hog MBX, or a land pride MR would be good. I had a light duty 6ft on the Bobcat CT235 I had. You may get lucky and find a real heavy duty used box blade. If you had one that weighed 800lbs it would a real good ballast for the FEL.

/ New kioti or used? #23  
My Mahindra 3215HST is very close to the Kioti CK35. In fact it had come down to either the CK35 or 3215 for me back when I was looking for this size tractor. My tractor is ballasted to about 5000lbs. I run a Gannon 66" roll over box blade with it. They are what I would consider a perfect match size and weight wise. I also have a 72" Gannon with a manually actuated ripper bar (vs a hydraulic actuated ripper bar). I believe that the 72" BB weighs about 1000lbs. It is too much for the tractor to use in all conditions where as the 66" unit is "just right" in my opinion for my conditions and circumstances.

Other peoples uses and conditions may vary so that a 72" 1000lb box blade would be ideal for them. Different conditions are one of the many things that are so often forgotten or not even thought about here on TBN.

Good luck with the search. ;)

/ New kioti or used? #24  
I think you need to consider the size and weight when sizing a box blade to a tractor. A tractor may pull a 450lb 6ft but not a 1200lb 6ft. That heavy box blade will cut in were a light one just glides across the surface in spots.Usually the heavier box blades hold more material so they will pull harder.

/ New kioti or used? #25  
I think you need to consider the size and weight when sizing a box blade to a tractor. A tractor may pull a 450lb 6ft but not a 1200lb 6ft. That heavy box blade will cut in were a light one just glides across the surface in spots.Usually the heavier box blades hold more material so they will pull harder.

Very true and one of the things that I often forget about :eek: because I typically only look at commercial or industrial grade implements. ;)

/ New kioti or used?
Billet and mtnv. I'll defiantly look for the heaviest one I can find (within reason $). It doesn't look like the united brand bb's are heavy enough at a little more than 400lbs. For a 60".

/ New kioti or used? #27  
If you can hold out you may find a used one at a good price. Check craigslist and ebay.

/ New kioti or used? #28  
Landpride

/ New kioti or used? #29  
Just a quick counterpoint on the box blade weight: there is no question that weight is important but the downside is that heavy duty box blades are very pricey. They are designed to stand up to commercial use and cost easily twice or more what a "standard" duty box blade costs. A 35hp tractor is not going to destroy a standard duty box blade so one cheaper option is to get a standard duty and then add weight to it. It might take a little fabrication work to build a platform to hold bricks or steel or concrete blocks but that will add weight. Again, you don't want to try that with a 100hp tractor but with a CK35 it should work fine.

/ New kioti or used? #30  
Just a quick counterpoint on the box blade weight: there is no question that weight is important but the downside is that heavy duty box blades are very pricey. They are designed to stand up to commercial use and cost easily twice or more what a "standard" duty box blade costs. A 35hp tractor is not going to destroy a standard duty box blade so one cheaper option is to get a standard duty and then add weight to it. It might take a little fabrication work to build a platform to hold bricks or steel or concrete blocks but that will add weight. Again, you don't want to try that with a 100hp tractor but with a CK35 it should work fine.
I'm with IslandTractor.
I use a 6' King Kutter boxblade with weights on my DK 35 and it works fine.