New Kubota..loader edge?

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #31  
I have a set of edge tamers (2 for 6' bucket) and they work very well on gravel. I also use them on occasion when moving mulch around or pushing in a burn pile.
I generally don't use my bucket for snow plowing, but I need to have a solution for the rare gravel drive that I may need to clear. This year I'm using uhmw polyethylene cutting edges, front and rear blades, on pavement and concrete.
The snow edge posted above is also a nice bucket solution for pavement. I used one of these on my previous tractor, and they work very well, and are heavy duty. I sold mine to a neighbor who uses it on his very short driveway.

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #32  
Ok! Where do I get a rear blade? I'm looking at the diy pipe.weld thing too.

It all depends on the property. There are sections around my place that the FEL would be ideal... but the long lane drives the rear blade and SB on front for me. NOBODY is challenging anyone's snow weapon choices!

I've had 3 different blades trying to get the right one. My first one was an old Land Pride 6' rear with adjustable shoes... $200 on CL. It was a great blade! Heavy and had a great moldboard shape that really rolled the snow. My dealer installed a quick hitch for free when he kept my tractor an extra week doing a service. The old Land Pride blade was not QH compatible and it did not offset. The lane did get narrower as the season went on without blade offset!

I traded the LP for a Frontier RB2072 (I'm a retired Deere engineer so wanted to buy JD). Oh man... don't buy Frontier. It would offset (by unbolting and shifting the blade... NOT ideal) but the moldboard shape was terrible: too flat! It wouldn't unload; sold it the next summer.

So looking for a heavy, easy offset blade with a decent moldboard shape (many miss the mark here)... I bought a Rhino 5006. Same cost as the Frontier but way better build quality, QH compatible, weight, and moldboard. She's a keeper.

If you're new to using a rear blade, this snow lesson from Everything Attachments was invaluable to me starting out. He illustrates proper usage clearing off a parking lot. Reversing the blade and going into "bulldozer" mode is how you handle the BIG piles and drifts.

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #33  
It all depends on the property. There are sections around my place that the FEL would be ideal... but the long lane drives the rear blade and SB on front for me. NOBODY is challenging anyone's snow weapon choices!

I've had 3 different blades trying to get the right one. My first one was an old Land Pride 6' rear with adjustable shoes... $200 on CL. It was a great blade! Heavy and had a great moldboard shape that really rolled the snow. My dealer installed a quick hitch for free when he kept my tractor an extra week doing a service. The old Land Pride blade was not QH compatible and it did not offset. The lane did get narrower as the season went on without blade offset!

I traded the LP for a Frontier RB2072 (I'm a retired Deere engineer so wanted to buy JD). Oh man... don't buy Frontier. It would offset (by unbolting and shifting the blade... NOT ideal) but the moldboard shape was terrible: too flat! It wouldn't unload; sold it the next summer.

So looking for a heavy, easy offset blade with a decent moldboard shape (many miss the mark here)... I bought a Rhino 5006. Same cost as the Frontier but way better build quality, QH compatible, weight, and moldboard. She's a keeper.

If you're new to using a rear blade, this snow lesson from Everything Attachments was invaluable to me starting out. He illustrates proper usage clearing off a parking lot. Reversing the blade and going into "bulldozer" mode is how you handle the BIG piles and drifts.

You are right that some blades are just terrible.

In fairness...they are designed for dirt and loose material. So they arent really designed with rolling snow at speed in mind...

Frontier did get it right with the 2308 though. Thats what I have and use for snow. And it rolls snow as purdy as any snow plow I have ever seen.

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #34  
Frontier did get it right with the 2308 though. Thats what I have and use for snow. And it rolls snow as purdy as any snow plow I have ever seen.

Great to know! I feel terrible saying 'I hated the product' but feel better knowing they have some good ones too!

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #35  
Hi. We just got our new Kubota LX3310. Snow is coming. What can we do to protect the loader's bucket 60 inch edge from our tired paved tar driveway? Thank you for your help!
FallLine Corporation makes heavy duty polyurethane bucket edges for snow removal. They also have polyurethane edges for snow plowing. I have both and am very satisfied with how well they work.

Fallline.com

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #36  
Great to know! I feel terrible saying 'I hated the product' but feel better knowing they have some good ones too!
blade.jpg

Not mine, but same thing. You can see the nice curvature to the blade. It rolls snow very nicely

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #37  
FallLine Corporation makes heavy duty polyurethane bucket edges for snow removal. They also have polyurethane edges for snow plowing. I have both and am very satisfied with how well they work.

I have an asphalt drive (3 years old) and had it sealed this year. The seal guy suggested going to poly or rubber so I just installed a 1" FallLine edge too... good to hear you like it. Fingers crossed.

blade.jpg

Not mine, but same thing. You can see the nice curvature to the blade. It rolls snow very nicely

Yeah!... that is a beast! Nice moldboard shape. So anybody out there looking for a blade, don't assume they will all work the same. They don't. Look for features sure (offset, tilt, QT), but weight and a nice moldboard shape that will roll the snow are tops.

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #39  
I have an asphalt drive (3 years old) and had it sealed this year. The seal guy suggested going to poly or rubber so I just installed a 1" FallLine edge too... good to hear you like it. Fingers crossed.

Yeah!... that is a beast! Nice moldboard shape. So anybody out there looking for a blade, don't assume they will all work the same. They don't. Look for features sure (offset, tilt, QT), but weight and a nice moldboard shape that will roll the snow are tops.
Yup, it's a helluva blade for dirt work. Moving snow a couple times a year is a bonus.

The only downsides compared to some of the other similar 1200-1500 pound rear blades is the angle and offset only go ONE way from the seat.

Of you want to angle or offset the opposite way....you have to pull a couple pins and put the cylinders on the opposite side

The way I work it....angle one way, offset the opposite. IE: if I want to windrow left....that's angle. If I want to windrow right, straighten out the angle and use offset. If that makes sense to you...

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #40  
Ok! Where do I get a rear blade? I'm looking at the diy pipe.weld thing too.

You can order one from the tractor supply store in Ithaca if they do not have one in stock and it should be here next week if not sooner as they get a truck/delivery every couple of days on average.