New Kubota..loader edge?

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #51  
I used 2" ABS pipe on my bucket and gravel driveway, made a big difference and it was cheap. I slit it on the tablesaw and used a rubber mallet to put it on. PVC is too brittle at freezing temperatures.
Try a piece of higher end composite decking; I use Azek by Timber-Tech leftover from a deck job; works great and doesn't leave a mark....

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #52  
Try a piece of higher end composite decking; I use Azek by Timber-Tech leftover from a deck job; works great and doesn't leave a mark....
If you have scrap pieces that's great, but to buy a piece new it's expensive. 2"x10' ABS is less than $10 and you get two pieces for a 5' bucket.
I think the round shape of piping helps the leading edge float better on gravel driveways.

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #53  
I tried the ABS pipe deal before I bought the Snow Edge.
After climbing on & off the tractor to put the pipe back on the bucket a dozen times I decided the concept wasn't for me.

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #54  
I have a 6' bucket with 3 edge tamers on my Case 65A. Works just fine. I find I cannot turn with the edge tamers without them getting askew. That's not a real problem as my driveway is straight. Just a note about them. Where they really come in handy for me is at the end of the drive the back blade leaves a build up of snow so with the bucket I can scoop that bit away.

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #55  
I have a small tractor BX25 and I need something to protect the bucket edge and the driveway for those areas where I need to use the bucket to clear snow. The Edge Tamers look interesting but I notice that the BX Expander also has a straight bar that bolts onto the bucket (BXpanded Piranha Straight Bar). The Ratchet Rake Snow Edge also looks interesting since the way I read it there is no need to bolt on the device. (Ratchet Rake, LLC - All Terrain Rake, Snow Edge, Tractor attachment, Bucket attachment, Loader, Skid loader, Kubota, Skid steer, Landscape rake, Brush remover, York Rake, Harley Rake, Rock Rake, Tractor rake attachment, Construction attachment, New Holland, Bobcat, Fire safety, Home fire safety, Fire prevention, John Deere, skid steer attachment, tractor implement). Any thoughts or preferences on these choices?

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #56  
The Edge Tamers are great, but will leave 1/2" or so of snow. The bolt on edge from bxpanded is still a steel edge engaging the pavement, with potential marking likely. The Snow Edge is damage free, easy on/off with large hand tightened clamps.

I have the Tamers, and for the price are a great option to have for a bucket. I used a Snow Edge on my previous tractor, and it was ((IMHO) the ideal bucket addition for damage free snow removal, if you must use a bucket.

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #57  
edge tammers mark driveways such as asphalt, they are metal, they will leave marks. they are great for gravel. if all your doing is concrete or blacktop i would not use tammers.

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #58  
Thanks, after watching a couple YouTube videos the Snow Edge looks like the best option for my situation.

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #59  
Another factor with the snow edge is ......... it makes a novice operator like myself much better in that the angle of the FEL does not have to be as precise. You have maybe a 15 degree leeway on the bucket position to be effective when pushing off snow.
When I bought mine I included a spare sacrificial wear edge ..... but after three seasons the original has yet to show any significant wear.

Attachments

• t1030.JPG
    t1030.JPG
    274.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Snow-Edge-Top.jpg
    Snow-Edge-Top.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 65
   / New Kubota..loader edge? #60  
I don't have edge tamers but I think they would work great on my gravel driveway for the first couple snow falls because they leave a thin layer of snow behind and help keep the cutting edge of the bucket from digging in. Every year I fight for the first several snow falls to keep the bucket from digging up the gravel, even with the pipe installed on the cutting edge. But I would remove them after a decent base is established and put my pipe back on. We get snow so often here that doesn't melt until spring and if I just plowed with the egde tamers all winter I would have way too much base built up by spring.
I know exactly what you are meaning about the rear blade. I bought one for snow removal also but it isn't very user freindly for the way my yard is set up. My bucket is much faster.
Thanks for posting this because I completely forgot about the edge tamers. I will have to build some.