New Kubota M7060!

/ New Kubota M7060! #1  

Maconaco

Tractor
Kubota M7060 HDC12, 1960's JI Case 530, John Deere 345
New member here! My dad and I have been eyeing the Kubota M7060 for a few years now as a possible replacement for our aging JI Case 530. Finally settled on one with the 12 speed trans, loader, and cab; signed the papers last week so it should be ready next weekend. Our family owns a small cattle farm in Virginia; primary uses for the tractor will be mowing, road maintenance, all-around loader work, and other general utility tasks. 70hp is really a little more than we need considering most of the heavy work is done with my uncle's John Deere 2955, but we have lots of steep hills + rough terrain so I figure this tractor will be able to handle anything we may throw at it in the future. Do any of you seasoned Kubota owners have any tips or advice for me? Also does anyone have any gripes with the skinny "pizza cutter" front tires that they put on the M60 series? Although I haven't received the tractor yet I'm not a huge fan of those tires, can't believe it slipped my mind at the dealership before we signed the papers. I'm considering talking to them about changing to the wider 320/85R20 radial tires for the front and probably radials for the rear as well. Like I said, lots of STEEP hills and rough terrain. Any and all advice is appreciated!

/ New Kubota M7060! #2  
Welcome Maconaco:thumbsup:
Those narrow front's have been discussed here, search M7040 - M7060. It seems that up in Canada they offer a nice much more proportional size tire/wheel combo. I just don't remember the size. I know what you mean about those tires, I was wanting a 7040 back when I was moving to a new tractor but couldn't get past those skinny "pizza cutters" and ended up with a few extra HP and a decent width tire up front.

/ New Kubota M7060!
Thanks Rustyiron! I have heard from some that the larger front tires are not available in the US, but also others have said that they are. I'll see what my dealer has to say about it tomorrow, really hope they can help me out on this one.

/ New Kubota M7060! #4  
Did you get rear remotes (how many and type?) as well as the loader 3rd function ? Now's the time to get these items if you are at all considering them. ;)

/ New Kubota M7060! #5  
New member here! My dad and I have been eyeing the Kubota M7060 for a few years now as a possible replacement for our aging JI Case 530. Finally settled on one with the 12 speed trans, loader, and cab; signed the papers last week so it should be ready next weekend. Our family owns a small cattle farm in Virginia; primary uses for the tractor will be mowing, road maintenance, all-around loader work, and other general utility tasks. 70hp is really a little more than we need considering most of the heavy work is done with my uncle's John Deere 2955, but we have lots of steep hills + rough terrain so I figure this tractor will be able to handle anything we may throw at it in the future. Do any of you seasoned Kubota owners have any tips or advice for me? Also does anyone have any gripes with the skinny "pizza cutter" front tires that they put on the M60 series? Although I haven't received the tractor yet I'm not a huge fan of those tires, can't believe it slipped my mind at the dealership before we signed the papers. I'm considering talking to them about changing to the wider 320/85R20 radial tires for the front and probably radials for the rear as well. Like I said, lots of STEEP hills and rough terrain. Any and all advice is appreciated!

Could have ordered it with optional radials.

Yesterday, I looked at an M6060 at my local dealer with optional radial tires. The fronts were at least as wide if not wider than the fronts on my M9960. Certainly a much better looking and, no doubt, functioning alternative.

SDT

/ New Kubota M7060!
Got the single rear remote that comes standard, as I don't see many uses for this tractor that would require extra remotes right now. We use my uncle's JD 2955 to run the big equipment. However I have a feeling that I'll be adding a couple more remotes in the future when the need for them inevitably comes. I did get the 3rd function for the loader and a 4 in 1 bucket, probably will buy a grapple and dedicated standard bucket when I can afford it as well.

/ New Kubota M7060!
Could have ordered it with optional radials.

Yesterday, I looked at an M6060 at my local dealer with optional radial tires. The fronts were at least as wide if not wider than the fronts on my M9960. Certainly a much better looking and, no doubt, functioning alternative.

SDT

Yes, I can't believe it didn't dawn on me to include those before signing. Definitely going to talk to the dealer about swapping tomorrow, hopefully it wont be a big deal since they haven't filled the bias tires with fluid yet.

/ New Kubota M7060! #8  
Hello and welcome. We took delivery on our M7060 this spring. I also didn't like the pizza cutter front tires. We ordered it with the 320 radial front tires and 480 radial rears with cast centers. The cast centers and loaded tires make the machine very stable. Since you mentioned the hilly terrain, I'd definitely recommend loading your tires with Rim Guard. If you didn't get the the cast centers, I would also add 2-3 sets of wheel weights.

Changing tire diameters on a 4x4 tractor can be expensive unless you can keep the same ratio between the front and rear tires. If the ratio changes, you also need to have the gearing in the front axle changed.

My only real complaint with the tractor is the Teir4 emissions. We are a small acreage farm and don't have a lot of tasks that take hours to complete. After 49 hours on the machine, it is getting ready its 4th regeneration. Not a big deal, but its kind of annoying when you are in the middle of a task that can't use full rpm.

Good luck!

/ New Kubota M7060!
Thanks Mathias. I am very confused now after doing further research about swapping out the tires. The tractor came from the factory equipped with bias Goodyear 9.5-24's on the front and the 16.9-30's on the rear, cast wheels all around. If I want to change to the 320/85R20 and 420/85R30 radial tires will that mean new front rims AND re-gearing the front axle? I am new to Kubota and not very experienced with newer (post 70's) tractors. I don't understand why the pizza cutters are so prevalent in the US on these midsize utility tractors.

Whichever tires we end up with will definitely be loaded. I'm not too thrilled about having the tier 4 emissions system either, I would have preferred to get a well kept 7040 but the old man is dead set on a NEW tractor (majority of the money going toward the tractor is his so I can't complain).

/ New Kubota M7060! #10  
Get the bigger tires, foreman eTexas got them on his second M7040. When we bought our M8540, unless otherwise requested ordered bigger tires on most of his M Series tractors. Lucky thing for us as oue CX80 went toes up right a th peak time, so we had to take what was on the lot. We wanted cast wheels, air suspension seat and a third remote along with a couple of other things. You will love the ride. Some places I use to do with our L5740HSTC, I now do with the M, so much smoother and more stable.

You might want to have your rear tires put in the wide position for stability on your hills.