New LED lighting for half the price

/ New LED lighting for half the price #51  
As you do not have rops, what about making a headache rack. You could either use 3/4" conduit or PVC and elbows. I hang glide (should I say did) and we used to build cheap supports for the front of the truck out of PVC. It was sturdy for what it was to do (support the nose of a hang glider while on top of a pickup truck).

/ New LED lighting for half the price #52  
I like your idea with using the angle material to go higher and wider. Too bad it's not as easy to do as it is to draw! But, I think it could be done fairly easily! You mentioned square tubing; would you do it all with the tubing? Are you suggesting it would then be welded rather than bolted together. I'm not sure how to connect the pieces and angles if I use tubing.

Yes, tape over the connections would be good. I was trying to do it fast because I had somewhere else I was supposed to be. But, when the lights arrived, I couldn't just let them sit in the box now could I?!!!! About the wiring; I'm actually thinking it might be better to just wrap the wiring around the screws on the switch rather than crimp them into the spade connectors like I did. Any thoughts on that? I also need a wire clip "thingy" to hold the wire against the tractor. I will probably use the bolt under the word "Drive".

The angle you already used has holes so it would be pretty simple to cut one half of the angle away enough to make a flat place on the sides needed where the two pieces could be bolted together. All this could be accomplished with simple hand tools if your machinery is limited.

As for using square tubing... yes, welding would be the best but there's no reason you couldn't cut pieces similar to the angle and bolt it together. Again, I don't know your skills or the tools you have available but a lot can be done with a hack saw and a drill if you don't have a welder. I suggested tubing because it is a little more sturdy than the thin angle you chose. As you get wider and higher, that 'may' come into play.

For the wiring, if they are crimp on terminals and you did a good job of crimping them onto the wire, they should be fine. I always use solder terminals for my automotive type wiring with heat shrink for protection. Wiring problems usually stem from poor connections that can cause excessive heat, short circuits or other intermittent problems. Wire nuts are best left for home electrical wiring as the vibration of something moving can loosen a wire nut to the point where it will simply fall off. If you decide to just put the bare wire under the screw of the switch, I'd suggest solder coating the wire. The little wire strands tend to fray out when tightening under a screw head unless you have them soldered together. Any wire clip 'thingy' or zip ties you can use to hold things in their proper place will help especially if you are wanting it to last a few years.

/ New LED lighting for half the price #53  
I snapped the mounting bracket from the case on my square 27 watt LEDs. Any ideas on how to repair? Do you think jb weld would be strong enough?

/ New LED lighting for half the price #54  
Scotty, I broke one of my brackets too.. Not very strong compared to the weight of the lights.

The one I broke is on the rear of my 2520. It sits in the center and I think I leaned on it too much while looking to hook up one time. I just made two angle iron brackets for it. Since it dont need to swivel from side to side, I can still angle up and down.. This works for me..

P1020995.jpg

P1020998.jpg

/ New LED lighting for half the price #55  
newt - mine broke right off the case and its alos my rear facing one mounted on my rops..... I am looking for options on how to reattach.

IMAG0652.jpg

/ New LED lighting for half the price #57  
I wish I could....but I dont Tig weld and I would have to remove the lense and I think that would ruin the seal and I need to make sure this guy remains waterproof.

/ New LED lighting for half the price #58  
newt - mine broke right off the case and its alos my rear facing one mounted on my rops..... I am looking for options on how to reattach.

Are your lights like newt92's lights? I see there are some "sockets" on the back of the light housing . Could you screw some self tapping screws into these holes?

/ New LED lighting for half the price #59  
i must have been blind..I do have those....I can figure something out using them although I will most likely lose the ability to adjust them up or down...THANKS for the extra set of eyeballs!

/ New LED lighting for half the price
Are your lights like newt92's lights? I see there are some "sockets" on the back of the light housing . Could you screw some self tapping screws into these holes?

Or use a machine tap and thread the holes if not threaded already.
Self tapping screws may crack the metal if the hole is too small.
Tom