New member from CNY

/ New member from CNY
Ok thanks. There is only one dealer in my area for the LS. I think they just picked up the line recently. In buying a tractor I hear people saying that you also buy the dealer. On that note, say I purchased The LS and that dealer drops the line, I may be up a creek. Granted I'm handy. So routine maintenance can be handled at home. But my concern would be warrantey work.

/ New member from CNY #22  
Ok thanks. There is only one dealer in my area for the LS. I think they just picked up the line recently. In buying a tractor I hear people saying that you also buy the dealer. On that note, say I purchased The LS and that dealer drops the line, I may be up a creek. Granted I'm handy. So routine maintenance can be handled at home. But my concern would be warrantey work.

You just find the next closest dealer. I have 3 different LS dealers all within an hour drive of me. I purchased my first LS from a dealer 1.5hrs away because they offered the best price. But I've used the dealer that's 5 minutes away for filters, service, etc. My second and current LS I bought from a dealer that was 4 hours away. LS is a brand that's here to stay and they will take care of their customers. You can even talk to someone directly at corporate LS through their Facebook page. I've done that several times and get a response within a couple hours.

If you compare apples to apples with other brands, LS will give you a lot more machine for the same or less money than other brands. Kioti was another brand that offered similar bang for your buck like LS, but I found their pricing had crept up a little since the first time I was looking at buying a tractor. Still a good value, but not as good as it was 3 or 4 years ago.

/ New member from CNY
On paper that does look like a great tractor. Higher capacities in just about category. I'd assume the backhoe would be around 5k?

/ New member from CNY #24  
On paper that does look like a great tractor. Higher capacities in just about category. I'd assume the backhoe would be around 5k?

I never priced a backhoe but $5k seems about standard for most brands backhoe. I could never justify the cost. I could rent a backhoe or mini excavator a whole lot of times before I spent $5k.

/ New member from CNY
I'm on the ropes with the backhoe. I know in the first couple years I'd use it like crazy but after a while I'm not sure. I like your idea renting a mini excavator, a new toy.

/ New member from CNY #26  
I'm on the ropes with the backhoe. I know in the first couple years I'd use it like crazy but after a while I'm not sure. I like your idea renting a mini excavator, a new toy.

Mini excavator rents for about $150-200/day and will likely be a more capable machine than a backhoe attachment. At $200/day, that's 25 days of renting before you even break even on your backhoe attachment. You'd have to use a backhoe attachment more than 25 days before it starts saving you any kind of money.

/ New member from CNY
Very true. I've got a couple rental place within a 10 min drive. I guess I like the aspect of going out and working on a project if I only have a few hours. Renting you've got to make the most of your money and be in the seat longer. But I totally get what your saying.

/ New member from CNY #28  
I just walked around the Mahindra line. The eMax are to small for me, I'm 6'5". The max 26xl seemed ok in size. I'm going to the Kioti dealer today to look at them. I'm not opposed to stepping up to the CUT. the subs are borderline in legroom for me.
The lawn is flat and new. No trees, flower beds, just scrub bushes around the perimeter and the house, a clean slate That's what the tractor will be for.

Gr8Jeepin,
In Clay New York, you are not far from a number of Yanmar dealers. Dealer Locator - Yanmar Tractor
Considering that the operator platform and leg room are an issue for you at 6'5", you might want to check on the Yanmar SA Series if you plan to stay with an under 30 HP tractor. The SA Series is a bit taller, longer, and/or wider in chassis design concept than some of the other under 30 HP products on the market today. You might find that a Yanmar SA is a good fit for you. SA Series Multipurpose Compact Tractors | Yanmar Tractor

/ New member from CNY
Gr8Jeepin,
In Clay New York, you are not far from a number of Yanmar dealers. Dealer Locator - Yanmar Tractor
Considering that the operator platform and leg room are an issue for you at 6'5", you might want to check on the Yanmar SA Series if you plan to stay with an under 30 HP tractor. The SA Series is a bit taller, longer, and/or wider in chassis design concept than some of the other under 30 HP products on the market today. You might find that a Yanmar SA is a good fit for you. SA Series Multipurpose Compact Tractors | Yanmar Tractor
Ok thanks for the info on that. Yeah I pass one on my route occasionally. They have about a 6 tractors there. I've noticed that most of the dealers in my area only have a few tractors. Mahindra and Deere are an exception to that. Even the Kubota dealer I drove by this morning. I think he only has a bx25d. And a couple BX, B and L series.

/ New member from CNY
Oh the saga continues. An acquaintance of my just sent me pictures of a 3016 TLB with trailer for $20k. Only 106 hours on it. I understand that the 1526 replaced the 3016 to meet the tier IV emissions.

I guess I'm just really unsure if I need sure a tractor for my size of property. I don't have a barn yet so the garage would have to be shared. I don't need a pink tractor... Hahaha.

I'm hoping to get an opportunity to check out the Yanmar soon.