New member ,new tractor! New grapple

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #1  

Ns2610

Tractor
Ck2610hst
Greetings everyone. I have a ck2610hst with fel,5000lb forestry winch and pallet forks. Of course I need more so I ordered a 55 inch wicked grapple for it. Ive come to find out there is no third function remote option available from kioti so I plan to run off the rear remotes. Anyone done this yet,Im looking for advice on size and length of hoses to get made up in advance. Thanks for any advice and input.

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #2  
First, you need to measure your own lines unless someone with the same exact model can answer. Route a garden hose from your rear remotes to your loader, zip tie in place, and then run the loader full up and down to check for interference. Mark and then measure the hose.

This (rear remote) is the setup I'm using until I can get a diverter valve set up. It is the fastest if not the best way to get your grapple in operation. It works fine but it ties up the remotes I use for a tilt cylinder and it's cumbersome to move my hand from the joy stick to the remote lever.

In my case, the 3/8 inch hoses turned out to be 14'-6" long with JIC swivels on both ends. At the back I have 90 degree JIC to NPT elbows for the male quick couplers. At the loader I have JIC to NPT nipples for female double-acting quick couplers in a breakaway clamp. Breakaway clamps holds the coupler by the collar such that a smart tug on the hose will disconnect the coupling. This will save your hoses if the gapple ever falls off. The parts were about $150 from Discount Hydraulics.

Here is a photo of the loader end. Those long bulkhead nipples are not needed but I bought them before I learned about breakaway clamps.

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #3  
I believe a factory third function is in the making from Kioti, may be available this year, not exactly sure. IMG_1421.JPGIMG_1420.JPG

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #4  
I’m sure everything attachments would have a WR Long third function available for your model

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #5  
Check with your Kioti dealer. He should be able to order a WR Long Kit for you and install it too if you need.

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #6  
You can always check out Michigan Iron and Equipment for your third function.

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #7  
Checked with two different dealers,no third function remote upgrade available. Im gonna use rear remotes.

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #8  
Just so you know, there are three ways to go on this. Rear remotes, as described, third function, and diverter valve.

Third function uses a three-way solenoid valve under the deck that's plumbed into the power-beyond flow between the loader valve and the 3-point hydraulics. A three position (down-center-up) rocker switch on the joystick switches the flow to the loader ports.

The diverter valve mounts on the loader and switches the curl flow between regular curl and the loader ports. A push button on the joystick engages the diverter to make this switch.

In theory the third function lets you lift, curl, and operate the grapple simultaneously. In reality, it's hard to lift and curl simultaneously with the Kioti loader valve. Also, this setup doesn't allow modulating flow to the loader ports; it's max or off.

The diverter lets you modulate flow to the loader ports but not simultaneous with curl but the motion is not as natural as the rocker switch.

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #9  
I've been running my 55" grapple from Everything Attachments with the rear remotes on my DK45 SE. No complaints. I have thought about taking the detent ball out of the valve though.

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #10  
Checked with two different dealers,no third function remote upgrade available. Im gonna use rear remotes.

We have Front Hose Kits, Electric Selector Kits, and 3rd Function Kits for all KIOTI Tractor Models, including the CK10 Tractors. All of our kits are complete including custom Mounting Brackets, Valves, Control Handles, Hoses Fittings and Hardware. You can find our kits at miemachinery.com, or visit our homepage at michironandequip.com, select the MIE Machinery Group tab in the upper right hand corner of the homepage.

Hope this helps,