New mower time, what to get?

/ New mower time, what to get?
You can find a grasshopper front deck for your budget, but most will be gasoline.

View attachment 432905

That same mower is advertised in my local craigslist, not sure where Hines equipment is though.

(just went back and looked, that is my local craigslist you posted)

Whats so special about Grasshoppers?

Probably going to go look at a Toro Proline front deck mower today or tomorrow.

/ New mower time, what to get? #12  
They are one of the few front deck zero turns. Most zero turns have the deck in the middle.

/ New mower time, what to get? #13  
So I bought an older Toro Groundskeeper 220 with a 52" deck this morning. Older model but started right up from cold, seems in pretty good condition with a deck that was replaced about a year and a half ago. Zero turn also, and only $1500.

/ New mower time, what to get? #15  
So I bought an older Toro Groundskeeper 220 with a 52" deck this morning. Older model but started right up from cold, seems in pretty good condition with a deck that was replaced about a year and a half ago. Zero turn also, and only $1500.

I think you're really going to like that front mount mower design, Toro makes good stuff too.

I think you're really going to like that front mount mower design, Toro makes good stuff too.

Well I'm hoping so!! Just changed oil and filter, sprayed down the underside with gunk and will powerwash it here in a minute. Need to go through and check stuff out, and the deck is set WAY low, need to raise it some!

/ New mower time, what to get? #17  
Last year, my neighbor bought a 30" Toro. He uses it to maintain a bunch of trails on his property.

Ralph

/ New mower time, what to get? #19