New MT225E

/ New MT225E #1  

rbstern

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS MT225E, Yanmar 2210
Took delivery today.

Already removed a couple of stumps, moved a 1/2 ton sack of sand, relocated a big dirt pile, moved some mulch, and fixed some driveway ruts. All with a big smile on my face. It's my first time with either a FEL and a BH. Lots of learning to do, but already getting the hang of it.

Have a quick attach pallet fork on the way from Titan, and will be adding some hooks to the bucket.

Note that this is the same tractor as the XG3025, re-badged for 2019 as LS continues to rename it's lineup. Has a couple of minor updates: Electronic throttle limiter on the Mitsubishi S3L2 motor, ROPS mounted tool box.

Attachments

• MT225E 1200w.jpg
    MT225E 1200w.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 1,147
   / New MT225E #2  
Congrat! Nice looking tractor! Looks familiar to me for some reason.....:D:thumbsup::drink:

It's kind of strange, I do have the same cup holder, but not the tool box... I guess that LS had to make somethings different.

One thing I forgot to mention, and you'll find out soon enough... The BH stabilizers will slide all over the place when you use the BH. A simple fix is to get some angle iron, cut it to fit, and drill / bolt it on the bottom of the feet. Makes them a LOT better!

Here's a pic of what I put on my little MT125:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,360
   / New MT225E #3  
Have fun, enjoy your new toy...eh ..I mean tool!

Curiosity makes me ask...being yours has the electronic governor... What is the max RPM you can get? Mine tops out at 2680 full throttle, PTO speed is 2510 RPM for 540.

/ New MT225E #4  
Another thing I found out today... The BH boom has a float detent...a really nice feature to help maintain depth when digging a trench.

/ New MT225E
Thanks!

Didn't pay much attention to RPM today, but highest I saw was 2580; that was on the move in mid range/4th gear, with a bucket full of dirt. I don't know if there was a load influence on the limit. Will try full throttle in neutral/no load tomorrow.

/ New MT225E
Another thing I found out today... The BH boom has a float detent...a really nice feature to help maintain depth when digging a trench.

That's what that was! Couldn't figure out why the left control felt sticky.

Thought it was a defect. :)

Last edited:
   / New MT225E #7  
Y'all need to 'splain that to me a mite, cuz my left BH control sticks if I pull it all the way towards me. Feels just like the FEL detent when pushed all the way forward into Float. Thought it was a problem and was considering asking about it.

/ New MT225E #8  
Y'all need to 'splain that to me a mite, cuz my left BH control sticks if I pull it all the way towards me. Feels just like the FEL detent when pushed all the way forward into Float. Thought it was a problem and was considering asking about it.

My MT125 didn't have the float detent. Not saying that yours doesn't, you have a much later model. If you do have a float, if you lock it in that "notch", the boom won't continue raising... It would be strange that it would be 'pulling towards you", most detents are pushing away from you. I would lower the boom out, then quickly pull the lever into that 'notch', if the boom doesn't raise, you have float.

Some of the early owners manuals did have a section describing the boom float feature. My manual showed it, but my BH didn't have it.

/ New MT225E #9  
Nice looking setup :thumbsup: congrats,your project list just gotten whole lot easier. :)

/ New MT225E #10  
Friendly request:
Can you post a picture of the injector side of your engine?
I want to compare it to a pre electronic throttle control engine.
Mitsubishi S3L2-61SD -1_0.png