New owner s 370d beaver

/ New owner s 370d beaver #21  
Make sure you don't have a pinhole size fuel leak. Had one that baffled me for a long time before I figured it out. Didn't have fuel dripping but it somehow managed to defeat fuel flow. No, I don't remember exactly where the problem was.

Also, my tractor has sat in the garage for a year and half untouched. It's not a machine I use frequently. Today, it fired up with no issues. No block heat, no excessive cranking. And this thing has been abused and not well cared for.

/ New owner s 370d beaver
Wish that was it , new lines .
It's getting better , put some engine restore in it but have not had it running long enough to probably make a difference.
Put miracle oil in the cylinders each time after a hot shut down.
Still maybe a compression issue with rings sticking when cold.
When i get time i will record compression numbers again.
If i want it to start when cold , about 1 squirt of miracle oil in the cylinders is all it takes and that is not even a 1/2 teaspoon.
It has absolutely no blowby from cold to hot so yes it has me stumped as far as stuck or broken rings or even cracked pistons.
Runs like a top.
Making room for it in my heated shop to try and make it happy.
It knows that the bobcat is in there and doesn't like it.
Been working on replacing hyd hoses on the loader and fixing leaks.

Thanks

/ New owner s 370d beaver
Progress finally
Miracle oil and seafoam seams to be making an improvement
The biggest improvement was ditching the gear reduction starter and going back to a standard starter
Went with the dodge colt starter that was mentioned on here and thanks to the member for posting that
Pulled the metric studs out and used allen cap screws to mount it
Had to shave the head diameter a little and they worked great
m10x1.25x30
I had no idea it would spin over that fast as all i had to compare it to was the original starter which was on its way out
Had pros and cons from both sides about gear reduction and in this case this little engine doesn't like them
Any way installed starter on wednesday , gave a 30 second preheat with cold engine , 36 degrees outside
Tried to start , gave another 15 to 20 preheat and it came to life
Spun over like a banshee
Went out this morning and with the block heater plugged in for a hour it started much easier
Cold compression has increased about 20 to 30 psi and last check before i got it running again was at about 350-320 so the rings are starting to free up
Still no abnormal smoke or blowby
Spitting a lot of chunks of carbon out the exhaust so who knows how bad it looks in there
Just happy to have it starting better and it will probably get better wit time
Now i can get back to changing all the hoses on the loader and other little things

Thanks again everyone for your input and trying to help me get the BEAV going

Attachments

• 20201013_085927.jpg
    20201013_085927.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 130