New Poll on TiltMeters

/ New Poll on TiltMeters #41  
Good point...
Watching anything but the ever-changing reality of where you and the machine are headed seems to me to be #1. Eye-balling your load, clearances from stationary objects, best path on turns, likely path of moving objects...etc....all these hand/eye/brain/foot/arm
tasks take away from the time to focus on or calculate what a tiltmeter indicates.
This is my feeling; however, I'm sure experience hones your operating skills and reflexes allowing IOR
(Instrument Operating Rules). As a tentative, call it paranoid, operator I would rather scout my topography with a walk-along angle indicator before traversing slopes of possible doom.

LazyK.gif

Lazy K - Chip

/ New Poll on TiltMeters #42  
JerryG, your reply to my post is the reason I see for not using tilt meter. You stated as you go down a slope you can see if it is too steep. If that does occur, what do you do? You are on a slope too steep to desend safely. If the meter could predict the slope before you are on the slope, than it would prevent tipovers.

Dan L

/ New Poll on TiltMeters #43  
Chip, I can understand your reasoning, and of course, when I'm looking at my tiltmeter, I'll guarantee you I'm not barreling along at full speed. But if you carry your theory far enough, then you wouldn't want a tachometer, temperature, fuel, or other gauges because you shouldn't be distracted from looking where you're going. And of course some vehicles don't have those gauges, some have audible warning indicators, some have "idiot lights", and some have nothing. But I'd say your theory is a good argument in favor of the audible warning tiltmeter, and that's not a bad idea at all in my opinion.

Bird

/ New Poll on TiltMeters #44  
Bird,
I have an audible alarm module for use with the tiltmeters.
I use to put electronics inside meter, but too many
people wanted small models with alarm, so I made it a
seperate module. 12 v.d.c. unit is weatherproof, but the
beeper is not. It will carry 1 amp. load. MarkC has one I
believe. Might ask his opinion. Rick

Rick Hedgecock
R&B Manufacturing

/ New Poll on TiltMeters #45  
Yeah, Rick, I knew Mark got one of the audibles, and that was what I was thinking of when I posted my response to Chip. The more I think about it, the better that idea sounds.

Bird