New Poll on TiltMeters

/ New Poll on TiltMeters #21  
Muhammad -

I came in a little late on this one, but if this poll is just for members, you could stash their vote in the member's profile data, probably in an otherwise inaccessible field. There would be no way to vote twice, although you could allow them to change their vote, if you wanted. Simple software could tally them up peridically.

Yes -- my silly ideas are not just limited to tractor gadgets. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ New Poll on TiltMeters #22  
Re: The end of Ballot Stuffing

Ibrahim, I don't think you quite got it. I just had to try again just now and think I got to vote again./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird

/ New Poll on TiltMeters #23  

Bird,

I have logged on and off about 20 times today, but only got one vote! Maybe you know some old policeman's trick for slipping in the side door?

BobT.
A Indiana Boy

/ New Poll on TiltMeters #24  

BobT, I do remember a few old tricks about getting through doors, but alas, not through computers./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ New Poll on TiltMeters #25  

Well, Bird, they can go stuff the ballot all they want, because the server logs will show the dupe votes, and Muhammad will toss them out, just like that. I don't think anybody was looking to do such a thing, until somebody mentioned how to do it. Curiosity ... Let's see, disable the safety locks, go around the ballot box ... do I see a pattern here?

BobT.
A Indiana Boy

/ New Poll on TiltMeters #26  

Ibrahim,
Like Bird, I just tried to vote again. It looks like I was allowed to. And I didn't log off and back on, I never do. There must be some kind of gliche still.
JerryG

/ New Poll on TiltMeters #27  

If I understand the patch he made correctly, it should let you vote one more time, but not a third time. In other words, it didn't start counting until after he made the patch. Now he'll chime in and tell me I'm wrong, but it won't be the first, or the last, time.

MarkC
ChalkleySig2.gif

/ New Poll on TiltMeters #28  
The use of tilt meters I beleive can cause more problems then it solves and here is why I beleive that. Most rollovers or tipovers is because a tractor is be used in a location where it should not be. To be on a slope too steep, and for the meter to indicate it, it is too late, for if it is too steep to be on safely, you are should be tipping over. If it is not too steep, then the operator will begin to push the slope. Besides the tipover occurs because of a sudden change in surface, e.g. a sudden depression in the surface dropping a wheel lower than the others. Common sense tells you what is safe. Just my opinon.

Dan L

/ New Poll on TiltMeters #29  
ddl,
The tiltmeter is to be used only as a gauge to help determine your safety area. If you watch it as you ascend a slope, then you know if the slope is in deed increasing and whether you should descend. As in any type of tractor activity, you need to always be vigilant as to the surrounding terrain. At anytime a wheel could drop in a hole and an accident could occur. ALWAYS be careful, and <font color=red>a tiltmeter is just another tool that can be used to aid in safety</font color=red>.

By the way, I put my order in for two tiltmeters yesterday. One will gauge up to 25 degrees and the other up to 35 degrees. They are both model 25’s.

JerryG

/ New Poll on TiltMeters #30  

Hmmm, actually, I think it's ok that everyone was able to vote "just one more time" because you needed to be able to vote for the "extra" system to kick in.

But when I removed a bunch of votes I just tossed in a few extra more than people said they voted (and even if you put one too many votes in, that won't really make that big a difference)

But if you can AGAIN vote, please let me know. (Or Let Muhammad know)

So, Mark, you are RIGHT! (Tell him what he's won!)

-Ibrahim