New PT-180 owner

/ New PT-180 owner
So... I ordered a stump grinder on Tuesday. It came today. Power-trac has been hanging around Amazon too much... 2 day shipping on a stump grinder and rake, haha. However, I know we talked about it and a few people said it didn't seem that great. I am here to tell you. That was wrong. I took out a stump in about 20-25 mins. As long as you don't try to dig into the stump too fast it works better than great!!! I took out two stumps this evening and will get more in the next couple days... I'll also get a video. I will say that I will be adding a bigger shield to it in the near future!!! View attachment 669951 MVIMG_20200917_192442.jpg

/ New PT-180 owner #152  
How big was the stump? A six inch stump is easy, a 2 foot stump can take a while.

/ New PT-180 owner #153  
Can't wait for the video. I will have to make some popcorn. Don't tell me how it ends.....

/ New PT-180 owner
How big was the stump? A six inch stump is easy, a 2 foot stump can take a while.
It was roughly 15" across. I didn't think to get a before picture cuz I was excited and wanted to play with my new toy.

My wife did tell me that it looks like a death blade on the front and that I need to be ready when the zombie apocalypse comes.

/ New PT-180 owner #155  
My PT stump grinder works very well and quickly. But I have a PT1850. And I quickly reversed the direction of rotation to throw the chips away from me.

Ken

/ New PT-180 owner #157  
I made my own. We call it the spinning wheel of death.

Makes you know you're alive when it's spinning out there in front of you, eh? :laughing:

I get a similar rush when I walk out alone onto an small lake in winter for the first time, it's 15 below zero and the ice is of unknown quality. I you mess up, there's a good chance you may die. :eek: Makes me feel alive. :)

/ New PT-180 owner #158  
Makes you know you're alive when it's spinning out there in front of you, eh? :laughing:

I get a similar rush when I walk out alone onto an small lake in winter for the first time, it's 15 below zero and the ice is of unknown quality. I you mess up, there's a good chance you may die. :eek: Makes me feel alive. :)

Yikes!

Better you than me. The fish are all yours.

I freely admit to lots of risk taking over the years, but being first out on the ice- never! I guess too many years as a swimmer and diver for that to be anything other than terrifying. That said, I love skating on black ice when the lake freezes just right.

Double yikes.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming: the spinning wheels of death, starring the super intrepid PT owners.
:)

All the best,

Peter