New PT-180 owner

/ New PT-180 owner #132  
And your wife knows where you are, if you're back in the woods a ways. :laughing: Like m5040 pointed out, those temps, at least toward the low end would seem reasonable. I've seen numerous machines where the exhaust components will show some red in low light levels.

/ New PT-180 owner
So,

Looking at installing a cooler for my lil 180. I have the cooler already ordered and was scouring the amazon for a fan. Found one that is an 8 amp draw. This seems high? I can't find something lower. Well, so far.

Also, anyone know which hose is from the float function? And does that see continual flow??

/ New PT-180 owner #134  
There are only 2 hoses that go to the control valve from the rear of the tractor, pressure and return. If the engine is running the pressure hose has flow through the valve and back through the return hose. The only time it stops is momentarily with you are actuating a loader function, even then the opposite side of the cylinder will be draining. All the other hoses go to the lift and tilt cylinders. The float is accomplished internally. I believe the engine comes with a 15 amp alternator, so a 8 amp fan will work if you dont put to many flood lights on at same time.

/ New PT-180 owner
There are only 2 hoses that go to the control valve from the rear of the tractor, pressure and return. If the engine is running the pressure hose has flow through the valve and back through the return hose. The only time it stops is momentarily with you are actuating a loader function, even then the opposite side of the cylinder will be draining. All the other hoses go to the lift and tilt cylinders. The float is accomplished internally. I believe the engine comes with a 15 amp alternator, so a 8 amp fan will work if you dont put to many flood lights on at same time.
Thanks, I don't know why I said float. I meant the return line, haha. I didn't know if anyone knew which line it would be. I found another fan that is only a 4 amp draw, so it's ordered...

/ New PT-180 owner #136  
4a is about what I get running on an 8a rated one. Fans often spike at startup then drop. If they are very hot, the amps will creep up w resistance.

/ New PT-180 owner
Well,

The cooler has arrived. It is smaller than I thought... View attachment 666159 MVIMG_20200813_204318.jpg

/ New PT-180 owner
It will make a good heater core when you build a cab.... ;)
But I live in FL and definitely don't need a cab for the two days we get in the 40's, LOL. I'm gonna slap it on and since the fan is only 4 amp and its 7 inches wide I should be able to fit a second one on there.

/ New PT-180 owner #140  
But I live in FL and definitely don't need a cab for the two days we get in the 40's, LOL. I'm gonna slap it on and since the fan is only 4 amp and its 7 inches wide I should be able to fit a second one on there.

Florida! DOH! :laughing: