New PT tucked away.

/ New PT tucked away. #11  
On wrapping around a tree. I did it on the flats, I was mowing around a 5" alder and bang, I was stuck, back tire hooked a tree (no biggy I think) and then I try to back up, but because I was in a turn I just got myself closer, and closer. Frankly, all I could do was laugh and think of mikes pictures on the slope. And you guys are right, I do get used to the hydraulic lift sensitivity after a while. But, the dumping of the bucket and trying to get it to come down smoothly still eludes me. But, I have yet to get a PT Pucker to happen. Not sure it is possible on the 1850's. Maybe when I replace the front hydraulics with something a bit stronger...

Carl

/ New PT tucked away. #12  
Here was one of my "passage rites". The hill was steeper than it looks in the photo.

Phil

Attachments

• stuck.jpg
    stuck.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 172
   / New PT tucked away. #13  
...and don't forget the picture with the first thing you "accidentially" back into!

I do recommend that you keep an attachment on (preferably a bucket or hoe) until you get use to it. This will help you to push your way out of whatever predicament you get yourself into. I keep both a front attachment on and the hoe on the back....I tend to put myself in a lot of places I shouldn't be:(

Enjoy
Jack

/ New PT tucked away.
I am paying attention here! I only have 15 or 20 minutes of seat time so far, so I have a loooong way to go. I'll keep all this in mind, especially considering my land is about 98% woods. Farmall, I may look into those springs too. I am still a bit 'jumpy' on all the controls..

I should be spending alot of time on the machine this weekend. Hopefully, I'll have absolutely no stories to tell. ;)

Thanks again,
Jim

/ New PT tucked away. #15  
jfh28 said:
...and don't forget the picture with the first thing you "accidentially" back into!

I do recommend that you keep an attachment on (preferably a bucket or hoe) until you get use to it. This will help you to push your way out of whatever predicament you get yourself into. I keep both a front attachment on and the hoe on the back....I tend to put myself in a lot of places I shouldn't be:(

Enjoy
Jack

PT's don't have the luxury of rear attachments :-( But I know what you mean...

/ New PT tucked away. #16  
woodlandfarms said:
PT's don't have the luxury of rear attachments :-( But I know what you mean...

His PT does -- I think it's a 2425, though it may be a bigger one... :)

/ New PT tucked away. #18  
Is anyone going to tell him the trick about getting off a tree without cutting it down after hanging it up on a hillside?

Or getting away from a fence once you drive up too close parallel and can't turn away from the fence without hitting it?

:p:p:p:p:p

/ New PT tucked away.
Really! Please don't hold out on me! Spent a little time with the machine using the minihoe last night - obviously, I'm going to need all the tricks and advice I can get - this is going to take some practice. It is kind of tricky getting used to how it manuevers.

I'm all ears - Jim

MossRoad said:
Is anyone going to tell him the trick about getting off a tree without cutting it down after hanging it up on a hillside?

Or getting away from a fence once you drive up too close parallel and can't turn away from the fence without hitting it?

/ New PT tucked away. #20  
MossRoad said:

OK, as I recall, someone says you drive into the tree all the way around until you're down hill of it and slide away from it. I haven't tried it, but it may work.
But, when I was downhill against a fence, I dragged the 1845 sideways with a tow strap. What clever maneuver did I fail to figure out? :rolleyes: