New PT tucked away.

/ New PT tucked away. #21  
Charlie_Iliff said:
OK, as I recall, someone says you drive into the tree all the way around until you're down hill of it and slide away from it. I haven't tried it, but it may work.

I can see how that might work. Get on the downhill side, and then waggle back and forth as much as you can, again and again, and it would likely slide downhill enough to let you get out from around the tree...

But, when I was downhill against a fence, I dragged the 1845 sideways with a tow strap. What clever maneuver did I fail to figure out? :rolleyes:

I had the same solution when I got downhill against an old, tall stump. I couldn't try to go downhill around it -- even if I'd thought of that (which I didn't) -- because there was a steep gulley there. So, it was time for my friend's F-150 4WD and a chain...

The embarassing thing was this was just after I'd unloaded the PT at his house (where I'm storing it temporarily) to show it off for the first time -- and within 45 minutes I had it hung up on a stump in his woods.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

It didn't spoil the experience though -- as he's likely put as many hours on it as I have, if not more. He's a huge fan of the minihoe for clearing fencelines and undergrowth. I honestly think he's put more hours on my PT than he has on his Kioti 3054 since...:p

/ New PT tucked away. #22  
Downhill, sideways against a fence is tough. I was thinking more of the sideways against a fence on flat land. Then, I use whatever implement I have on to raise the front tires off the ground, turn the wheel, put the wheels back down on the ground, turn the wheel the opposite way, lift the front wheels with the implement, repeat until away from the fence enough to drive off. It works well.

/ New PT tucked away. #23  
MossRoad said:
Downhill, sideways against a fence is tough. I was thinking more of the sideways against a fence on flat land. Then, I use whatever implement I have on to raise the front tires off the ground, turn the wheel, put the wheels back down on the ground, turn the wheel the opposite way, lift the front wheels with the implement, repeat until away from the fence enough to drive off. It works well.

I've found the "Moss Maneuver" works pretty well too. :D