new pt422

/ new pt422 #1  

Anonymous Poster

I picked up my new Power-trac today. Ordered on Monday, rec'd in MA on Thursday. All the guys in the freight terminal wanted to know about the PT, just like Moss Roads' experience. Like several people on this site I researched for at least a year including reading almost every PT post on this site. Even the ones about percent grade, and I too have an original equipment reflector on the back of my head (Charlie and Moss). I'm building and landscaping a 2500 sq. ft. addition to our house so you may not hear from me for awhile but I want to thank all you PT people for sharing information so freely. I could not be happier. I see my neighbors driving by shaking their heads. They're probably thinking " now what is he doing?". More when I run out of dirt and stone to move.

/ new pt422 #2  
King black shoes, congratulations on your new PT422, that is great news.
When you get a chance, please registure so we can know where you live and a little about you.
What attachments did you get? Keep us informed.
PJ

/ new pt422 #3  
Welcome to the small but vocal PT group.
People do look at you curiously, don't they, until they see what the little machine can do?

/ new pt422 #4  
<font color=blue>They're probably thinking " now what is he doing?". </font color=blue>

Get used to it /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

After a while it will change to "That looks like a pretty interesting machine" followed quickly by "What do you need a forklift for?" After a while you will notice people staring at you when changing implements in 15 seconds without getting off the tractor, or 45 seconds if you have to hook up hydraulics. That is usually followed by "That thing looks pretty useful" and "I'll bet you get alot of work done with that thing". It is usually sumarized by "That little thing is great" and "You sure got that done fast."

Congratulations on your purchase. Take some time and play on it. It takes a very short time to get used to the steering. Mine is now second nature. Just be sure to set the brake and stop and lower the implements and shut it off every time you get off. And always wear your seat belt... Enough already. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Enjoy.

/ new pt422 #6  
wilcome aboard to the pt gang plank. you have less power when you look at the numbers of hps, but when it comes to tork, yours has much more.
why we did not buy a 422 has two reasons, only one outfit some 50 miles away from us is a dealer and service for your eng. the second reason is we already have 3 other kohler 25hps in our arsenal, and every few miles a rep. that services that eng.
go and get them tiger...you will love your machine

/ new pt422 #7  
I BELIEVE YOU WILL LOVE YOUR 422 , I HAVE HAD MINE FOR 2 YEARS AND I USE IT AS OFTEN AS I CAN . IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH THIS LITTLE MACHINE. MY WIFE ALSO LOVES RUNNING IT FOR MOWING OUR 5 ACRES OF HILLSIDE. I HAVE THE 48" MOWER, SMALL SCOOP AND ROTOTILLER.

/ new pt422 #8  
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

you have less power when you look at the numbers of hps, but when it comes to tork, yours has much more.

<hr></blockquote>

bubenberg,

At first, I thought the EH65 Robin engine had more torque as well. However, with further research, I think the numbers are:

PT422 with Robin engine: 22 HP and 33.6 ft/lbs Torque
PT425 with Kohler engine: 25 HP and 40 ft/lbs
Kubota BX 2200: 22HP and 40 ft/lbs

Both the Kubota and Robin engines have very flat torque curves though.

/ new pt422 #9  
I think there is some question as to how each company measured the torque. I can't remember what it was, but maybe someone else does.