new pt422

/ new pt422 #11  
ernemats, welcome to TBN and the family of PT users. With your two years experience I would be interested in how you selected buying a PT and your thoughts after two years operation. Are there any attachements you would have changed? or added?
PJ

/ new pt422 #12  
The only attachment i have that i am not too pleased with is the roto tiller. it does an excellent job if you don't have many stone, which i have lots of medium sized stone. The stone get lodged between the tines and housing of the tiller , it is not hard to get them out, just turn the switch for the tiller off and they often will fall out or put tiller on the ground and move tractor forward or backward. The problem is mostly my stony ground not the tiller,however i believe they could have made more clearance between the tines and housing.
there are several attachments i would like to have in addition to what i have, the brush hog mower, post hole digger and the snow blade , i'm just not sure the my use of these would justify the cost, no snow the last several years here in w. pa., i don't dig many post holes, and as for the brush hog i'll use my big tractor or my gravely.
the power trac is really a nice tractor and fun to operate and i have had no problems with it in 2 years and 267 hours.

/ new pt422 #13  
Thanks for the update, sounds like this has been the right machine for you. I have been researching the PT422/425 for a year now. Also went to SDF to test the unit and attachments and now just waiting for my move back to Montana. When this happens my PT425 will be purchased. Please keep us updated on your unit regarding maintenance, performance, and any other issues that would help PT users.
PJ

/ new pt422 #14  
Hello again. I spent several hours on the PT 422 today backfilling some of my foundation. Also did a little digging in the hard clay that I have lots of. To me the Robin 22hp seems to almost over power the machine. I'm trying to break it in slowly so haven't really pushed it hard yet. I'm also amazed with the traction. I got the bar treads and a couple times in the soft and low parts of the backfill I thought I was getting stuck but just backed off the pedal and powered right out. Anyone got a trick for releasing the brake handle. It feels like the weight of the machine is on the brake pins. I have large hands and it's hard to grip the handle. I think using the break should be easy to encourage people to use it. A couple times I've hit the pedals climbing in to the machine. If I don't adjust to that I might remove the pedal plates and just use the pivot bar. My list of modifications starts with making a sheet metal pan for each of the foot wells to make cleaning them out easier in mud season. I'm also interested in building a small hoe with a pivot like the base model Lachender (spelling?). I've got some 3 1/2 inch steel pipe left from my addition that should make a light but sturdy boom. I'll let you know if I get around to it. Did I mention I love my PT! See ya.

/ new pt422 #15  
Releasing the brake is a piece of cake. The weight of the tractor rests on one side of the pin depending on the slope. While applying pressure to the brake gently press one of the pedals, if the brake does not slideout press the other pedal.

PTRich

/ new pt422 #16  
That's exactly what I have learned to do. Just a nudge forward or backward and the parking break releases in a snap.