new ranger review?

/ new ranger review? #961  
Uhhh,,, He'd know that was there when accelerating. I assume it has trailer brakes?

Yep trailer breaks for sure! And I'm sure he was exaggerating a bit on not feeling it back there, but I did follow him for the 16 mile drive through hilly back country roads and he had no issues whatsoever. In fact, I had to work to keep up with him... That little turbo 4 banger has some torque!

/ new ranger review?
Taken yesterday.
ranger0105.jpg
ranger0103.jpg

/ new ranger review? #963  
At least somebody is getting snow this year...we sure aren't. We've only had a few inches total and no more than a couple inches in the ground now. Of course last winter was in the top 3 or 4 for snow records, so I much prefer this winter for ease of getting around and not having to deal with it...

/ new ranger review? #966  
The new 2025 Ford Ranger is going to be interesting. Seems that they've done a bit of a refresh on it but at the same time they stayed very conservative in true Ford fashion, whereas GM and Toyota both went hog wild with their new midsize trucks which are both out now. If I was shopping for a new midsize truck at this very moment I don't know that Ford would get my money.

/ new ranger review? #968  
The 2019 Ranger with 57,000 miles is in the shop getting the dual AC fixed. The mechanic thinks he has an idea what the problem is but will require taking the dash apart. The ranger at least preformed it's defect when the mechanic checked it out - blowing heated air on the passenger side and cold air on the Driver's side when set on a cool AC temp. It was not too noticeable during the winter but it has to be fixed now as the temps warm.

/ new ranger review? #969  
The vent actuator was bad and new part will be here Friday. Diagnostic fee, labor and part $500. Exactly what I expected.

Edit: Friday morning - Ranger fixed, no surprises, back home.

Last edited:
   / new ranger review? #970  
First review I've seen on the new 2024 Ranger. Summary:

Good points - Improved suspension, better interior, V-6 coming with serious HP.
Bad points - Only configuration is Crew Cab, no regular or extended cab.

Maybe point - Getting a little bigger.

2024 Ford Ranger First Drive: Finally Built to Play Ball