new small square baler

/ new small square baler #21  
just got an MF 1839 inline a few weeks ago.
My 75hp case tractor rolls along great....and in a pinch, i used my 29hp kubota to bale a field while the case was being used to rake another. It went somewhat slower but handled it just fine.

/ new small square baler #22  
How do you like your Mori RM280 rake? Any issues?

I bent a axle spindle and Agri-Supply promptly warranteed it with a newer syle. I bent a couple of rake arms (my fault as I got cut it a little to close to a chain link fence and did not have the guard frames down in position). I removed and straigtened the arms in a press, it wasn't a big deal. Other than a few small Oopps, I really like the wind rows it makes. The hay dries much faster (Lite-N-Fluffy) than the old IH No. 5 side delivery made (Knotted). I'm able to rake around the irrigation riser posts easily, but I do have to be careful there. In the future I'm gonna make some of my own rake arms, to have as spares so when bend some I can just pull it off and replace and go. I put some Slime tube sealant in the small caster type tires as I have a bunch of that Puncture vine (Tackweeds) here. I have a real small operation here, mostly just helping the neighbors make hay off their small parcels to feed a few head of cattle or goatss (their supplemental income). I could go on more about the neighbors, you know low or fixed income, some elderly some, handcapped, but still tryin' to be independant. One elderly lady was out doin' her irrigation while using a walker, She raises corn, Bless Her Heart. bjr

/ new small square baler #23  
I bought a JD 328 4 years ago, and have been very happy with it. Ran it for a while behind my 5045D and it had no issues...

/ new small square baler #24  
Why not the Kubota for raking and the case for baling? Raking doesn't require as many hp as baling