Snow New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #11  
This is my set up on my 7510...

Also I no longer use a chain, but have a steel pipe that conncets the plow to the upper bucket area, so I use the FEL float mode, and can use down pressure if I want...
That's similar to what I'm hoping to build later this year for my tractor. Do you have any photos of the pipe set-up?

...I consider guest of sort where you pin to plow frame ears,...
What the heck does that mean?

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #12  
radair.
What the heck does that mean?[/QUOTE]

Meant gussets instead.

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure
I built mine similar to yours but my tractor weights 7,000lbs.I think you should shorten up,put your ears behind the cross member.Thats a lot of plow/leverage on a B2400.Looks like you could shorten by 15-18".

I'm considering move the ears back but I'll probably see how this works first.

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #14  
This is my set up on my 7510. I didn't want to have to remove the bucket, so I have pins on the inside... I plow, drop the plow, and then use to bucket to stack it up... (I also have a second property that i can only use the bucket at).

After the first season, I cut 6" off the width and removes the 3/4 " x 4" steel wear edge to reduce the weight. Made a hugh difference..

I also only use slight angle in heavy / deep snow, so as not to rack it...

Also I no longer use a chain, but have a steel pipe that conncets the plow to the upper bucket area, so I use the FEL float mode, and can use down pressure if I want.

It use to be a western plow from a toyota, I paid $200

View attachment 297298View attachment 297299View attachment 297300
Firefighter. I see in one pic there you have the single acting pistons just hooked together and the angle is manual. then in another you have them hooked to a third function valve on the loader arm. Is that working or do you need a double acting cylinder for the third function to work right. I'm muddling through the same issue myself.

First coat of primer applied today.

Attachments

• IMG_1310.JPG
    IMG_1310.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 318
   / New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #16  
Looking good.
Are you useing some sort rear weight?

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #17  
That's similar to what I'm hoping to build later this year for my tractor. Do you have any photos of the pipe set-up?

Some one asked about weight..My Rears tires are loaded!! LOVE it. with the grapple in the summer, I can get a larger load in the loader...

The plow bar is just 3/4 black iron pipe.. Haven't bent it yet with 2' of wet snow last year (or the year before)

I have a "thumb" bucket grapple and the grample comes off in the winter and I mount the plow bar to the 5/8 bolt in the middle... Its a little tweaked but hammers straight easily..plow bar.jpgPicture 132.jpgplow bar bracket.jpg

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #18  
Firefighter. I see in one pic there you have the single acting pistons just hooked together and the angle is manual. then in another you have them hooked to a third function valve on the loader arm. Is that working or do you need a double acting cylinder for the third function to work right. I'm muddling through the same issue myself.

Like a standard plow on a truck I have 2 single action pistons on each side... Works fine

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #20  
My ? is, why put a truck snow plow onto the loader? Why not just pull the loader off and put it out of the way. Make a sub frame on the tractor then put the plow on. Now it's close to the tractor and it well plow great. But if that is what works best for you, I guess it would be ok, it just seems to me it's a mile out front. Kind of like driving a Buick stright 8. The ones that have done it, all your work looks great. Shine some light here for me and tell me why it is better.