Snow New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #41  
Yeah something along those lines would work. It would have to have grease fittings because it would be cycling a lot. You could also use hydraulic cylinder that was hooked to a valve that had a float detent.

Wouldn't that be just like fastening solid and using the loader arm float?

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure
If you get rid of the chain hanger and make a rigid connection you can use the loader float valve. works much better...also the option of down pressure in icy conditions.

My other setup has a rigid connection. I did not like it because it would not follow the contours of the ground. It would dig into the ground or rise above the snow. Additionally when it was angled, unless I had it perfectly level, one side would dip and dig into the ground (Simply physics. Something I did not anticipate or expect). So I was constantly adjusting the blade level. Also using float would cause the front end to rise up and I would lose steering. But all things considered it got the job done and was better than a bucket.

One thing I did like about my other setup was it was great for pushing back snow piles. A couple of years ago we had so much snow that the snow piled up so high along the road we had to push it back because there was nowhere to put the new snow. It excelled in that aspect. You are right about the down pressure. It was great for scraping.

My other setup only had a 5-foot blade. Too small and hence too slow for me.

This is my other setup using a 5-foot Kubota blade. And a picture of my new setup using a 7-foot Western blade.

Attachments

• DSC_0041.JPG
    DSC_0041.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 125
  • Snow plow mount painted and ready to rock and roll.JPG
    Snow plow mount painted and ready to rock and roll.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 134
   / New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #43  
Chain hook-up and floating the plow is still the best set-up.Full weight on the front wheels and the plow follows the contours.

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure
Here is a picture of the plow in operation. Also a closeup of the mount. You can see it is set back about 14 inches from the front of the loader arms. And some video.

Attachments

• 083.JPG
    083.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 070.JPG
    070.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 147
   / New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #46  
Like the plow setup..thats what I'll be doing late Sunday or mid morning Monday.