New Snowblower

/ New Snowblower #61  
Bought a new Snow Dawg SSQA plow in November before that "foot of snow". Spent 2 evenings in 2 degree weather assembling & mounting it. Have yet to see how it works as I'm not gonna plow under 4". Colorado winter was a letdown this year.

Yeah, we have friends on the Front Range foothills that say it looks like a bad spring shaping up for wildfires. Not a letdown in the mountains, I moved more snow this year than most years. BUT-- Feb and March have been a bust, and the whole winter was weirdly warm.

/ New Snowblower
WhooooHooooo! first real snow of the year and it looks like Ill have enough to break out the snow blower! I took the skidding plate off last night and put the snow blower on just in case. It has been a whiteout since about 11:00 last night. My b60 feet long in her driveway. I'm I a little off for hoping for a huge snow storm?

/ New Snowblower #63  
WhooooHooooo! first real snow of the year and it looks like Ill have enough to break out the snow blower! I took the skidding plate off last night and put the snow blower on just in case. It has been a whiteout since about 11:00 last night. My b60 feet long in her driveway. I'm I a little off for hoping for a huge snow storm?

Congrats and Good Luck! We need pictures! Jon

/ New Snowblower #64  

Well any pictures of the snow, or did it just rain and you put the blower on just for practice? Jon

/ New Snowblower #65  

NO bob you are not crazy at all. Once you rotate that impeller drum and turn the rear PTO on you will see how well it runs- you can spray it with some cooking spray before hand or WD-40 and you will see quite a difference too with all that wet snow.

/ New Snowblower
Ok I now have video the wife took. Ill post shortly. This will throw snow out of the TRC about 100 yards at 540 on the pto. Way bad ***.

/ New Snowblower #67  
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew you were going to be happy with that snow caster Bob.

You will not have to keep a serial numbered certified can of WhoopASS in the garage either to keep it running as the Pronovost family makes great farm machinery and snow casters.

If you have not done it already be sure to coat the snow casters cross auger and the inner surface of the steel shell to keep it slick.

I have gotten so sick of my RAD/JD snow caster that I am going to cut teeth in the two cross augers with my sawzall and line the housing with slick sheet from Horn plastic as they have lots of odd pieces to use and I have the special flat head bolts to secure the sheet to the housing from Farmtek so next winter will be less of a problem with wet snows.

I found a supplier of Gates Belts too and I will not have to spend a kings ransom on Drive belts for this thing either as JD wants a $130.00 each for the OEM belts to that I say)(*&^%$#%^&*()_(*&^%$%^&*(O).

I bought two belts for $42 and change through an amazon partner so I am very happy with that.

I am so glad you are happy Bob as you will have e plenty of useable power to remove snow from now on.

Your in like Flint now. I love it when a plan comes together for snow removal.

I am so happy for you. I look froward to seeing the video.

Last edited: