New Snowblower

/ New Snowblower
Ive never cut down a PTO shaft before so I'm following the EA video for how to do it; ted makes it look easy enough. I however found a minor complication with the shaft that came with the snow blower. There's a large collar pressed on the shaft right where I need to cut it. It appears to be a dampening weight of some sort. It also has 3 grease zirks right below the collar; those will have to be moved. I intend to just use a press and push the collar down then cut the shaft by 2 1/2 inches. Ill then drill and tap the new holes for the zirks and viola I'm in rotation.

DSC01710.JPG

/ New Snowblower
Shaft is cut down and all the hoses are made. I got some of them installed today but its way cold as soon as the sun dropped. Ill post pics tomorrow.

/ New Snowblower
Sorry for the slow updates. Got the snow blower installed and working. Actually got snow, not enough to tax it, but enough to justify pulling it out of the barn. This will throw snow 80 feet! I'm impressed with build quality and function. As I noted there was some small issues with assembly, but all in all pretty good so far.
I do however wish I had gotten the rear defroster for the cab. The vents aren't close enough to the back window to keep it from fogging over on the inside and freezing up on the outside. Front and sides stayed clear with the heater running, but the back had to be wiped and scraped to be useful. If you think you'll blow snow off the back of you cab tractor, Id highly recommend the rear defroster.

/ New Snowblower #44  
Congrats on that blower! It's one of the nicest ones out there, in a completely different league as most. Looking forward to more pics as the winter progresses!

/ New Snowblower #45  
Hey Bob,

glad the new toy, er implement is working well. I am wondering if a second heater fan assembly like the very small ones with fans that are used in the BX would work well for you?

The extended chute for that TRV unit will help you a lot I bet too.

/ New Snowblower
still no snow

/ New Snowblower #48  
Hello Bob,

No worries, you only need to buy a good tool once.
I am sure we are due for more weather and
you will be able to use your new tool, er toy
so no worries there.

I moved the mule to the back to just get it out of
the way as someone was likely to steal it and use
it for a paperweight. I have been waiting to have that happen for 6 years now.

At least you know your ready for snow when it comes as we still have plenty of winter left.

Buy a gallon can of fluid film to coat the interior of the snow caster and the impeller drum using a quart for every gallon of water in a small pump sprayer and you will have no issues with sticking snow or rust. do this a couple of times and you will have a real snow caster that will throw it in the neighbors driveway.

The spray cans are $8.00+ and the gallon cans are more economical.

/ New Snowblower
due to the lack of snow my blower is now off the tractor. back to the log skidder.